(单词翻译:单击)
听力文本
I think I'm going to start with the prawns first.
我想我要先烧大虾
Next, I'm making one of my grandmother's signature dishes - drunken prawns.
接下去,我要做我奶奶的拿手好菜之一,醉虾
Get the wok nice and hot, add the prawns, a little ginger
先把锅加热,倒入虾,放点姜
and a good splash of rice wine to get the shellfish nice and tipsy.
再放一点黄酒给虾增色提味
My grandmother used to make drunken prawns for us when we were growing up, really tasty.
从小到大我们经常吃奶奶做的醉虾,那真是人间美味
So, like, the bitter sweetness of the Shaoxing rice wine kind of enhances the sweetness of the prawns,
绍兴黄酒本身的苦甜味有助于增加大虾的甘甜口感
and these are just local river prawns.
这些是本地的河虾
Really good.
非常好
My grandmother's speciality was seafood,
我奶奶擅长做海鲜
so I'm making another of her favourite dishes
所以我接着要做她喜欢的另一道菜
fresh clams with Chinese basil, soy sauce and rice wine.
新鲜蛤蜊加入九层塔,酱油和黄酒一起炒
Just keep cooking until a lot of the shells have opened up.
一直炒到蛤蜊的壳都张开为止
Once the food's ready, it's time to seat the guest of honour - my grandfather.
菜准备好了,是时候让贵宾入席了--我祖父
My uncle said, "This is the best."
我舅舅说,非常好吃
It's got the best flavour, it's got the flavour of a Taiwanese basil.
味道顶好,有台湾九层塔的味道
They all think that this food is really similar to what my grandmother used to cook.
他们一致认为我做的菜味道和我奶奶以前做的很像
These are all her flavours.
这些菜都有她的味道
I'm really happy because my grandfather just said,
我很开心因为我祖父刚才说
"Did you really make this?" and "It's got Grandmother's flavour."
真的是你烧的?有你祖母的味道
It tastes like Grandmother's.
这些菜吃着很像祖母做的
My grandfather's really vulnerable, and I've never seen him emotional.
我祖父身体不好,我从来没见他这样激动过
He must really miss her a lot.
他肯定很想她
My grandmother was an amazing woman,
我祖母是个了不起的女人
but she really groomed me to be a cook, at such a young age
在我还很小的时候她就培养我做一个厨师
and I didn't really think it would leave such an impression on me.
我不曾意识到她给我的印象会如此深刻
They all give their hats off to my grandmother.
大家都很尊敬我祖母
You know, she was the cook, she was exec chef.
知道么,她就是厨师,她是行政主厨
She was the best one out of all of them.
她是他们中最优秀的厨师
Now I really understand a bit of her more, through cooking and this kitchen.
通过在这个厨房里做菜我觉得,我真正更加地理解我祖母了
This was her life...you know.
这就是她的生活,你知道的
My food memory started here and I didn't think I'd grow up to be a cook.
我对食物的记忆源于此处,我没想到长大后会成为一个厨师
I didn't think it would shape me so much.
也没想到这会对我影响这么大
I think I have come a full circle.
我想我的旅程已经完满了
视频及简介
两个主持人是华裔名厨谭荣辉和黄瀞亿走遍中国,带领着在电视机前正在垂涎三尺的英国人民发掘地道的中华美食,探寻中国美食及其背后的历史和文化。