BBC纪录片《中国美食之旅》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第65期:广东篇(2)
日期:2015-11-25 14:56

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Guangzhou is home to South China's largest fish market.
广州拥有华南地区最大的水产市场
Everything's in tanks, everything's alive.
所有水产都放在水箱里,所有都是活的
Fresh, live, I mean, we're obsessed with that.
新鲜的,活的,我是说,我们为此着迷
The variety here's incredible.
这里水产的种类之多让人震惊
Huangsha market is open 24/7 and sells 600 tonnes of seafood every day.
黄沙水产市场每周7天,一天24小时营业,每天能卖出600多吨海鲜
Oh, my gosh, that's giant prawns.
噢,天哪,这虾真大
That's a spiny lobster.
这是一只龙虾
That's beautiful, look at all the colouring.
它很漂亮,看看它斑斓的色彩

BBC纪录片《中国美食之旅》

The food is so familiar to me,
这里的食物对于我来说非常熟悉
versus other places I've been to in China,
相对于我去过的中国的其他地方
and coming here to Canton, yeah,this is where my culinary soul is.
来到广州,我烹饪的灵魂就在这里
Oh, my God! Alligators!
哦,天哪,鳄鱼
Baby crocodiles.
小鳄鱼
My gosh.Are these tasty?
天哪。这些是食用的吗
Yes, very good
是的,很好的
where do they come from?
它们从哪来的?
They're from Thailand. From Thailand?
它们来自泰国。来自泰国?
I've eaten it. No, I've never...
我吃过。不,我从没…
Alligator, I had it in America.
鳄鱼,我在美国吃过
I've never cooked or eaten alligator steaks. Tastes like chicken.
我从没做过或是吃过鳄鱼肉。吃起来像鸡肉
Wow! Wow.
哇喔!哇喔
Has he ever been bitten?
他被咬过吗
Yeah, he's been bitten.
是的,他被咬过
Oh, my gosh, look! Turtles. Turtles!
哦,天哪,看!龟,龟!
Surely this is not for eating. Of course, it's for the pot.
这肯定不是用来吃的。它当然是用来吃的
They're not here for pets.
它们在这里不是当宠物的
I actually think it's quite cruel. Very Cantonese.
我真的觉得这十分残忍。典型的广州式
We don't have the same concept about things as pets,
我们对宠物有不同的概念
I think that's changing now.
我想现在也在改变
It's changing.
它是在改变
I mean, shark's fin, for example, is being banned throughout China,
我是说,比如,鱼翅已经在中国被禁止
and I hope turtle soup will be on that same agenda,
我希望禁止甲鱼汤也能提上议程
because I think it's cruel,
因为我认为这太残忍了
there's just some things you just don't need to eat.
有些东西我们没必要吃
Well, you have to look at things historically.
我们必须从历史的角度看待问题
I mean, where people didn't have enough to eat,
人们过去没有足够的食物
there was a lot of famine,
有很多饥荒发生
so it's hard to judge when you don't have anything to eat.
当你没有任何东西吃的时候,就很难判断
I know, but times have changed, things move on,
我知道,但是时代在改变,事物在发展
like China, and like modernisation,
就像中国,就像现代化
I think the food needs to modernise, as well.
我认为食物也应该更新
Chinese tradition claims that stewed turtle cures cancer
中国的传统文化认为清蒸甲鱼可以治疗癌症
and alligator meat relieves asthma.
而鳄鱼肉可以缓解哮喘
Like many of the creatures here, they're an endangered species,
想这里的很多生物一样,它们是濒危物种
and though the Chinese government is taking steps
尽管中国政府正采取措施
to monitor their trade, consumer culture won't change overnight.
监管对它们的交易,但消费文化不能一夜之间改变
Even a major British supermarket chain with stores in China
甚至一家英国超市在中国的连锁店
sells and slaughters live turtles.
也售卖和宰杀活龟

视频及简介

两个主持人是华裔名厨谭荣辉和黄瀞亿走遍中国,带领着在电视机前正在垂涎三尺的英国人民发掘地道的中华美食,探寻中国美食及其背后的历史和文化。


分享到
重点单词
  • spinyadj. 多针的,尽是尖刺的,尖刺状的
  • incredibleadj. 难以置信的,惊人的
  • varietyn. 多样,种类,杂耍
  • overnightn. 前晚 adj. 通宵的,晚上的,前夜的 adv.
  • asthman. 哮喘
  • turtlen. 海龟
  • tastyadj. 好吃的
  • lobstern. 龙虾
  • speciesn. (单复同)物种,种类
  • obsessedadj. 着迷的