BBC纪录片《中国美食之旅》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第71期:广东篇(8)
日期:2015-12-09 14:41

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

It's beautiful, they said, "We're so happy because we have
很美好,她们说,我们很幸福因为我们
"stability and peace, we can eat things, we can do what we want,
有稳定和平的环境,有东西吃,可以做自己想做的事
"and for people who are retired now, we don't have to worry about instability in society.
对退休的人来说,我们不用担心社会不安定
"We can go out and walk, whatever, we are not afraid to be mugged.
我们可以出去溜达,无论如何,我们不担心会被抢劫
"Food is abundant."
食物很充足
She said, "It's great, we've never had it so good.
她说,很好,我们从来没觉得这么好过
"The level of happiness is incredibly high."
幸福感极高
Before, even if you had money,
从前,即使你有钱
there's nothing to buy, you have to queue up to buy nothing,
你也买不到东西,你必须排队等,但却买不到
she said, you couldn't buy anything.
她说,你买不到任何东西
And she said, "We have such peace and we can buy anything we want,
她还说,现在生活安宁,可以买任何想买的东西
"we can eat," she said, "Now we worry about getting fat!"
我们可以吃,现在我们担心会发胖
Not worried about not having enough to eat, but getting fat.
不是担心吃不饱而是担心会发胖
You couldn't buy anything, it was like wartime.
你什么都不能买,那就像战时一样

BBC纪录片《中国美食之旅》

For dinner, I'm making an authentic sweet and sour pork,
正餐,我要做一道正宗的糖醋肉
nothing like the sugary, glowing, red version available in the West.
和西方甜腻,鲜艳,红色的版本完全不同
I'm just going to do a sort of typical Chinese marinade, which is a little bit of soy sauce.
我现在要做的是一种典型的中国卤汁,加一点酱油
And this is an interesting rice wine which I've never seen,
还有这是我一种从未见过的有趣的米酒
because rice wine will just add a bit of flavour.
米酒只是用来添一点味儿
I thought this might be very nice in the sweet and sour,
我想这个放在糖醋里大概会很不错
which is very unusual - mangosteen, which is really lovely.
它非常特别,山竹果,非常可爱
Mangosteens are hard to get in the West,
山竹果在西方很难买到
so if you want to make this dish at home, use pineapple,
所以如果你想在家做这道菜,用菠萝替代
or try experimenting with other fruit to give the dish its sweet flavour.
或者可以尝试用一下其他水果为这道菜增加甜味
And this is just some pear apple, which will give a texture.
这个是苹果梨,可以增添口感
I'm also adding water chestnuts and young garlic, which look a lot like spring onions.
我还要放入些荸荠和青蒜,青蒜看起来和葱很像
I'm quickly frying the marinated pork with vegetable oil to seal in the flavours.
我把卤汁浸过的猪肉用菜籽油快速翻炒一下,封住它的香味
Everywhere you go in Canton they use this very mild red chilli
你去广东的任何地方,他们会在很多菜里
in many of their dishes, so I thought I'd do the same.
用很温和的红辣椒,所以我也想这样做
Along with the chillies, young garlic, and water chestnuts,
和这些菜椒一起的,还有新鲜大蒜,和菱角
I'm adding a splash of rice vinegar, which gives the dish its sourness.
我加了一点米醋,它赋予这道菜酸味
I'm going to add a little bit of the stock that I made
我要加一点我之前
with bits of pork and a little bit of chicken stock.
用猪肉和鸡做出来的高汤
This is just sugar.
这是糖
Now we're just going to thicken the sauce with a little bit of corn flour and water.
现在我们开始让酱汁变得浓一点,放一点玉米粉和水
After a quick taste, add the fruit -
尝一下后,加一些水果
Asian pears, pineapple and mangosteen, followed by the pork.
亚洲梨,菠萝和山竹果,接着放入猪肉
She said, "You're a bright boy!"
她说,你是个聪明男孩!
Nobody's ever called me a boy for a long time.
很久没有人叫过我男孩了

视频及简介

两个主持人是华裔名厨谭荣辉和黄瀞亿走遍中国,带领着在电视机前正在垂涎三尺的英国人民发掘地道的中华美食,探寻中国美食及其背后的历史和文化。


分享到
重点单词
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • cornn. 谷物,小麦,玉米 v. 形成(颗粒状),腌,(用谷
  • glowingadj. 灼热的,热情的,强烈的 动词glow的现在分词
  • instabilityn. 不安定,不稳定(性)
  • typicaladj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的
  • stockn. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜 adj
  • vinegarn. 醋
  • abundantadj. 丰富的,充裕的
  • sealn. 印章,封条 n. 海豹 v. 盖印,密封
  • thickenv. 变浓,使 ... 厚,变为复杂