(单词翻译:单击)
听力文本
After five weeks and more than 13,000 miles crossing China,
在中国呆了5个星期行程超过1万3000英里后
Ken and I reunite for our final dinner in Hong Kong.
老谭和我在香港重聚去吃离开前的最后一餐
It feels fitting to end our journey in the city where East meets West.
在香港这个中西文化交汇之地结束旅行感觉很不错
This view, I think has to be one of the most beautiful views in all of Asia.
我认为这里的景色绝对是全亚洲最美的景色之一
It's one of the best views in the world.
是全世界最美的景色之一
I mean, Hong Kong. Look at that.
你看看,这就是香港
I have learnt a lot on this trip. Actually, before coming,
我在这次旅行中学到了很多,在我来之前
I actually wanted to experience most of the cities,
我其实是想去体验一下大部分的城市
because I am a city girl at heart.
因为我内心里毕竟还是城里女孩,
But going back to the roots,
但是当我追根溯源
the basic roots and going back to the countryside and learning from these farmers.
回到家族发源的地方,回到村子里向这些农民学习
You know, life is tough,
你就会明白,生活很艰辛
it's not easy and the way they live with such dignity really touched me.
很不易,而他们有尊严的生活方式让我深有感触
They put their food on the plate and it represents them.
他们把自己的食物放进盘子里,食物就代表了他们
They cook for us and they share with us
为我们做饭,和我们一起分享美食
and they're giving a bit of themselves to us.
其实是向我们表达了他们的情感
What is amazing is how China has changed in such a short period of time.
最让人惊奇的是中国如何会在这样短的时间里改变了这么多
I mean, growing up, I saw China as being very poor,
我的意思是,我从小到大一直认为中国很穷
and not enough to eat and that sort of thing.
吃不饱饭,物资匮乏
It's transformed to the second economic power in the world.
而现在中国却变成了世界第二大经济体
And its food is like that too,
食物也很充足
because 25 years ago, when I went throughout China,
25年前我走遍中国的时候
I was disappointed in Chinese food.
我对中餐很失望
Nobody cared about it, there was no passion.
那时没人关注饮食,也没有烹饪的激情
Now every place we've been to has been a more than pleasant surprise.
现在我们去的每个地方都给我们带来了巨大惊喜
视频及简介
两个主持人是华裔名厨谭荣辉和黄瀞亿走遍中国,带领着在电视机前正在垂涎三尺的英国人民发掘地道的中华美食,探寻中国美食及其背后的历史和文化。