托福口语TPO-05 听力部分(1)
日期:2016-04-18 09:40

(单词翻译:单击)

Talk about a place you enjoyed going to or visiting when you were a child.
请聊一聊你童年时期最爱去的一个地方。
Describe the place. Explain why you enjoyed it.
描述一下这个地方并解释你钟爱这个地方的原因。

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
你是否赞成以下观点?
Why or why not? Use details and examples to explain your answer.
请用具体实例作答并解释原因。
It is more important to study math or science than it is to study art or literature.
学习数学或科学远比学习艺术或文学重要得多。

The man expresses his opinion about the university's plan.
这位先生对这项大学计划表达了自己的看法。
State his opinion and explain the reasons he gives for holding that opinion.
请简述其观点并解释说明他如此认为的原因。
The university has announced a new policy regarding dining services.
校方宣布了一项关于用餐服务的新政策。
Read an article about it in the student newspaper. You have 50 seconds to read the article, begin reading now.
请阅读下面这篇摘自校报的相关文章。你有50秒的时间阅读文章。现在请开始阅读。
Did you see that article?
你看过那篇文章了吗?
Yeah, and it sounds like a great idea. It's really good for the students in that program.
看过了,这个主意听起来不错。对那个项目中的学生来说实在是太好了。
Don't they cook in class anyway?
可是他们在课上不也做饭吗?
Well, yeah, they do.
是的,没错。
But, my cousin was in the program a few years ago, and she said that it's very different to cook for a lot of people in that kind of atmosphere than to cook for classmates.
不过,我堂姐几年前也参加过那个项目,她说那种情况下给很多人做饭和单单给同班同学做饭太不一样了。
Why is that?
怎么会呢?
Well, in class you can take your time, but, cooking for more people, there's more pressure.
嗯......在课上做饭的话,你可以慢慢来。但是给越多的人做饭,压力就越大。
I mean, you're in a rush, people are waiting and it might be easy to make a mistake with all that stress.
你想啊,大家都在等你的饭,你肯定会手忙脚乱的,压力这么大很容易就会做错事。
Then I'll think you are a bad chef, right?
接着大家就会觉得你厨艺不好,对吧?
Absolutely!
没错!
So, OK,it's good practice. But what about the extra cost?
好吧,是个不错的练习机会。可是额外费用呢?
Well, look at it this way.
嗯......可以换个角度来看这个问题。
You've eaten at some of the fancier restaurants in town, right?
你在城里一些比较高级的餐厅吃过饭,对吗?
Yeah, there are some great places to eat around here.
对啊,这附近确实有些很不错的餐厅。
Well, these students, they'll be making fantastic meals and it's gonna be cheaper than going out to one of those restaurants.
但是,这些学生可以做出很棒的食物,而且这比去外面那些餐厅吃饭要便宜一些。
Much cheaper, actually.
事实上会便宜很多。
So, you know, it'll be worth it.
所以,你看,这些都是值得的。
The meals will be as good as the ones in those expensive restaurants.
而且食物味道也不会逊色于很贵的餐厅里卖的那些。

分享到
重点单词
  • disagreev. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜
  • statementn. 声明,陈述
  • stressn. 紧张,压力 v. 强调,着重 vt. 强调 n.
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • chefn. 厨师,主厨
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的
  • announced宣布的
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压