托福口语TPO-10 听力部分(1)
日期:2016-05-17 10:10

(单词翻译:单击)

Briefly summarize the proposal in the student's letter.
请简要概括学生来信中所提建议。
Then state the woman's opinion about the proposal and explain the reasons she gives for holding that opinion.
然后说明这位女士对该建议的看法并解释她如此认为的原因。
Read the student letter in the University newspaper.
请阅读下面这封摘自校报的学生来信。
You have 45 seconds to read the letter. Begin reading now.
你有45秒的时间阅读这封信。现在开始计时。
Now listen to two students discussing the letter.
有两个学生在讨论这封信,请听他们的对话。

Mary, you're an art student. What do you think of this letter?
Mary,正好你是艺术系的学生,你对这封信有什么看法?
I don't like the idea.
我不喜欢这个想法。
Why not?
为什么呢?
Well, first of all, his first point about a lot of people passing through the student center, that's true, but..
首先,他的第一个观点,关于很多人经过大学生中心,这是事实,但是......
But?
但是什么?
But it's always really crowded with people coming and going.
但是那里总是人来人往,真的特别拥挤。
It's not good for showing artwork.
根本不利于展览艺术品。
Imagine you're standing there, trying to look at the painting, it's gonna be like a million people walking through.
想象一下,你就站在那儿,想要欣赏一幅画,但是周围就像有一百万个人走来走去一样。
People walking in front of you, blocking your view, distracting you.
人们在你面前走来走去,挡着你的视线,不断干扰着你。
Hmmm. Yeah, I haven't thought of that.
嗯,确实。我还没想到过这点呢。
You won't be able to appreciate the artwork or get a good look at anything with so much going on, with so many people moving around.
周围那么乱,有那么多人四处走动,你根本没办法好好欣赏艺术品或者仔细看看任何东西。
Yeah, I see what you mean.
嗯,我懂你说的。
Plus, he's wrong about the windows.
还有,他关于那些窗户的想法也不对。
But isn't it true that it's good for art to have lots of light?
可是光线充足对艺术品不是很有好处吗?
In a sense, yeah, but that kind of light, all that natural light from windows, that's actually not good.
某种意义上来说,是这样没错,但是那种光线,完全从窗户透进来的自然光,实际上一点好处也没有。
Because if it's really sunny out it will be way too bright, if it's cloudy, it will be way too dark.
因为如果外面太阳很大的话,就太亮了,可是如果阴天的话,就又太暗了。
Oh!
哦!
What you want is controlled light, consistent light, the kind you get from electrical light bulb.
真正需要的是可以控制的光,稳定的光线,就是那种电灯泡发出的光线。
Think about in an art museum. In an art museum, you've got electric lighting and the light is always carefully controlled, always at the same level.
你可以想一想艺术博物馆里的那种光线。在艺术博物馆里使用的是电气照明,所有的光线都是小心翼翼地控制着的,它们永远都保持着同样的亮度。

分享到
重点单词
  • consistentadj. 始终如一的,一致的,坚持的
  • summarizev. 概述,摘要而言
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • bulbn. 电灯泡,球状物
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • controlledadj. 受约束的;克制的;受控制的 v. 控制;指挥;