托福口语TPO-31 听力部分(3)
日期:2016-09-21 09:32

(单词翻译:单击)

Listen to a conversation between two students.
请听两位学生之间的对话。

Male Student: Hey. Lin. What' s up?
男学生:嗨,Lin。怎么了?
Female Student: Oh. Just getting ready for my grandmother to come to town.
女学生:没什么,我奶奶要来城里啦,我在做些准备。
She is flying in tomorrow to visit me for a few days at school.
她明天坐飞机过来看我,会在学校待几天。
Male Student: Oh. Yeah? Is she going to stay at your apartment?
男学生:哦,真的吗?那她要住在你的公寓里吗?
Female Student: Yeah. It would be good. We can spend some time together and I can show her around campus and stuff.
女学生:对啊,多好啊。我们可以一起待一段时间,我还可以带她参观我们学校。
Male Student: Sounds nice.
男学生:听起来不错。
Female Student: Yeah. I am looking forward to it.
女学生:是啊,我好期待。
But I am not sure what to do about picking her up from the airport.
但是我不知道该怎么去机场接她。
Male Student: What do you mean?
男学生:怎么说?
Female Student: Well, her flight gets in tomorrow.
女学生:嗯...她的飞机明天到。
But the problem is, my biology professor scheduled a special review session...uh...for an upcoming biology exam at the same time I am supposed to pick her up.
但是问题是,我的生物课教授为即将到来的生物课考试安排了一次特别的复习讲习会,时间正好就是我该去接她的时间。
I didn't know there'd be this conflict.
我没想到时间会冲突。
Male Student: Oh. Well, how important is the review session?
男学生:嗯...那...这个复习讲习会很重要吗?
Do you think you can miss it to pick your grandmother up?
你觉得能不能不去这个讲习会而去接你奶奶呢?
Female Student: It's optional. But this professor's review sessions are usually really helpful, he does a good job going over what's going to be on the exam.
女学生:也不是不行。但是这个教授的复习讲习会历来都非常有用,他很擅长复习考试可能会出现的内容。
So it would be good to go, but...maybe I'll have to miss it.
所以去的话很有好处,但是...也许我还是不去了。
Male Student: Is there something else you could do?
男学生:那还有没有别的办法?
Female Student: Yeah. Actually I spoke with my friend Mary and she offered to pick my grandma up from the airport.
女学生:有。实际上我跟我的朋友Mary联系过了,她提出可以去机场接我奶奶。
Male Student: Great. Why don't you do that then?
男学生:那很好啊,你为什么不这么做呢?
Female Student: Maybe. But Mary doesn't even know my grandmother.
女学生:也许吧。但是Mary甚至都不认识我奶奶啊。
And I don't know how grandma would feel about being picked up by a stranger.
而且我不知道奶奶对于被一个陌生人接机会有什么反应。
She'd probably be more comfortable being picked up by me.
可能她更愿意我去接她。
Male Student: Oh. Well...
男学生:好吧...

分享到
重点单词
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • conflictn. 冲突,矛盾,斗争,战斗 vi. 冲突,争执,抵触
  • optionaladj. 任选的