托福口语TPO-29 听力部分(3)
日期:2016-09-08 10:05

(单词翻译:单击)

Listen to a conversation between two students.
请听下面两位学生的对话。

Man: How's it going, Marie? Weren't you away this past weekend?
男:怎么样,Marie?你上个周末是不是出去了?
Woman: Yeah, I flew out to see my family in Boston for the weekend, just got back from the airport actually.
女:对,上周末我坐飞机回波士顿看我的家人去了,实际上我刚刚才从机场回来。
What a mess! My flight was delayed several hours cause of the bad weather.
太糟糕了!受坏天气的影响,我的航班延误了好几个小时。
Man: Oh, yeah, there was that big storm out East, huh?
男:哦,对,东部那边有场大风暴是吧?
Woman: Right, so I was at the airport like all night waiting for my flight to leave.
女:没错,我在机场几乎待了整夜,一直在等航班起飞。
I was supposed to arrive back to campus last night, but, instead, I got in early this morning.
我原本应该昨晚就能回到学校的,结果今天早上才到。
Man: You must be exhausted.
男:你一定很累吧。
Woman: I am. I hardly got any sleep, just a short nap on the plane.
女:是啊 。我昨天基本上没睡,只有在飞机上的时候眯了一会儿。
And I am supposed to, I can't believe it, I am supposed to give a presentation in my history class today, an hour from now.
而且...简直难以置信...我今天还要在历史课上做演讲,现在只剩一个小时了。
Man: What kind of presentation?
男:什么样的演讲?
Woman: It's a ten-minute presentation on a paper I wrote.
女:一个十分钟的演讲,关于我写的一篇论文。
And then there's an answer, a question-and-answer session afterward,
之后还有一个问答环节,
where the professor and other students ask me questions about my history paper and stuff.
教授和其他同学会问我一些关于我的历史论文之类的问题。
Man: Well, I bet if you told your professor what happened, how the flight was delayed and you didn't get any sleep,
男:嗯...我想如果你把发生了的事情告诉教授,像航班延误啊,
I bet your professor would let you do the presentation on a different day.
你没时间休息啊,我猜她应该会让你下次再做演讲的吧。
Woman: Yeah, she'd probably let me reschedule.
女:嗯,她可能会同意让我改时间。
I just don't know if I want to put it off.
只是我不确定是否想要推迟演讲。
I've got a lot of other stuff coming up, big assignments.
我还有很多其他的事情要做,很多作业。
Man: Oh!
男:哦!
Woman: I could just give the presentation today, I mean, I did prepare for it a lot last week.
女:今天我要么干脆把演讲做了,毕竟上个星期我做了很多准备。
So, I don't know, maybe I should just grab a cup of coffee or something and go through with it.
所以...我也不知道,也许我该直接买杯咖啡什么的,然后一鼓作气完成它。
Man: Well, if you feel OK with that.
男:好吧,如果你觉得这样没问题的话。
Woman: Well, I'm definitely tired.
女:嗯...我确实很累。
I wouldn't be as quick or sharp as I normally am but I've got an hour to go over my notes and the coffee should help wake me up.
可能没办法像平时一样头脑清醒敏捷,不过我还有一个小时的时间可以浏览笔记,而且喝完咖啡我就清醒了。

分享到