托福口语TPO-05 听力部分(4)
日期:2016-04-21 09:44

(单词翻译:单击)

Using points and examples from the talk, explain the two types of motivation.
请用对话中的观点和例子解释说明两种类型的动机。

Why do we do the things we do?
我们为什么要做正在做的事情呢?
What drives us to participate in certain activities, to buy a certain car or even to choose a certain career?
是什么在驱使我们参加某些活动,购买某辆汽车,甚至选择某个职业呢?
In other words, what motivates us to do what we do?
换句话说,是什么在激励我们去做这些事情呢?
Well, in studies of motivation, psychologists distinguish between two very different types,
在关于动机的研究中,心理学家区分出了两种完全不同的类型。
our reasons for doing something, our motivations, can be extrinsic,
我们做某事的原因,也就是我们的动机,可以是外在的,
in other words, based on some kind of external reward like praise or money.
换句话说,是基于某种外部回报的,比如称赞或金钱。
Or they can be intrinsic, meaning we engage in the activity because it pleases us internally.
它也可以是内在的,即我们进行某种活动是因为它会使我们感到内心愉悦。
Both create strong forces that lead us to behave in certain ways.
这两种动机都会产生很强的力量引导我们按照特定方式行事。
However, intrinsic motivation is generally considered to be more long-lasting than the other.
不过,人们通常认为内在动机比另一种动机更加长久。
As I said, extrinsic motivation is external.
像我说的,外在动机来自外部世界。
It's the desire to behave in a certain way in order to obtain some kind of external reward.
它是一种为了获得某种外部回报而按照特定方式行事的欲望。
A child, for example, who regularly does small jobs around the house,
就拿孩子来说吧,她平常会做一些小家务,
does them not because she enjoys taking out the garbage or doing the dishes
但是她这么做不是因为她喜欢扔垃圾或者洗碗,
but because she knows if she does these things she'll be given a small amount of money for doing them.
而是因为她知道做完这些之后,她就能得到一些零钱。
But how motivated would the child be to continue doing the work if her parents suddenly stop giving her money for it?
但是,如果她的父母突然不再因此给她钱了,这个孩子还会有多少动力继续做这些家务呢?
With intrinsic, or internal motivation, we want to do something because we enjoy it,
当我们受内在动机驱使时,我们想做某件事是因为我们享受这么做,
or get us a sense of accomplishment from it.
或者说这么做会使我们从中获得成就感。
Most people who are internally motivated get pleasure from the activity.
大多数受内在动机驱使的人,会从他们的行为中获得愉悦。
So they just feel good about doing it.
所以他们只是认为这么做感觉良好。
For example, I go to the gym several times a week.
比如,我一周会去好几次健身房。
I don't go because I'm training for a marathon or anything, I just enjoy it.
我去不是因为要为参加马拉松做准备什么的,而是因为我喜欢健身。
I have more energy after I exercise and I know it's good for my health.
每次运动完我都精力充沛,而且我知道这对我的健康是有好处的。
So it makes me feel good about myself.
所以这件事使我自我感觉良好。
And that's what's kept me going there for the past five years.
也正是这种感觉使我一直坚持了五年。

分享到
重点单词
  • accomplishmentn. 成就,完成
  • participatevt. 分享 vi. 参加,参与
  • engagev. 答应,预定,使忙碌,雇佣,订婚
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • intrinsicadj. 固有的,内在的
  • drivesn. 驱动器;驱动力;驱动程序(drive的复数形式)
  • distinguishvt. 区别,辨认,使显著
  • obtainvt. 获得,得到 vi. 通用,流行,存在
  • externaladj. 外部的,外面的,外来的,表面的 n. 外部,外
  • internaladj. 国内的,内在的,身体内部的