托福口语TPO-17 听力部分(1)
日期:2016-06-27 10:07

(单词翻译:单击)

The university library has decided to make a change.
大学图书馆决定要做一些变动。
Read the university's announcement about the upcoming change.
对于即将做出的变动,校方已经发出了公告。请阅读这则公告。
You will have 50 seconds to read the announcement. Begin reading now.
你将有50秒的时间阅读这则公告。现在开始计时。
Now listen to two students discussing the announcement.
两个学生正在讨论这则公告,请听他们的对话。

Man: They're making a mistake.
男:他们正在犯错。
Woman: What do you mean?
女:什么意思?
Man: Look, They're trying to do away with distractions so that we can study better.
男:你看,他们想要清除让人分心的东西,这样大家就能更好地学习了。
But with this change, we won't have anywhere in the library to get together to work on group projects.
但是这么改的话,我们在图书馆就没有地方可以聚在一起做小组项目了。
Woman: True. Group project work is common these days.
女:确实,最近经常有需要小组一起做的项目作业。
Man: So, instead of buying these new units. They should use the money to build meeting rooms, and that would reduce any noise in the main library areas.
男:所以,与其花钱买那些新隔间,还不如盖一些会议室呢,这样在图书馆的主要区域也会减少很多噪音。
Woman: Yeah, that's what we could really use. There's just not as much need to work in isolation.
女:没错,这才是我们真正用得上的。大家需要单独学习的时候并没有那么多。
Man: Exactly. And the other thing is, what's this about overcrowding?
男:正是这样。另外,公告上说的过度拥挤又是怎么回事?
Well, sure we have more students enrolled in the university this year, but do we really have a problem with overcrowding?
今年我们学校入学的新生确实多了很多,但是真的到了过度拥挤的地步了吗?
Woman: I don't think so. I always get a whole table to myself.
女:我不这么觉得啊。我在图书馆经常一个人用一整张桌子。
Man: Right. I see empty tables there all the time. It'll just be a waste of money to replace what we have, since what we have now is sufficient for the amount of students that use the library.
男:没错。而且我总是看见有空着的桌子。图书馆里现有的座位已经足够给那些会在这儿学习的学生用了,所以把现有的座位换掉只会浪费钱。

分享到
重点单词
  • replacevt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处
  • sufficientadj. 足够的,充分的
  • announcementn. 通知,发表,宣布