托福口语TPO-16 听力部分(1)
日期:2016-06-21 10:06

(单词翻译:单击)

A student has written a letter to the editor of City University's newspaper concerning the campus health center.
一个学生给城市大学校报的编辑写了一封信,信的内容与校内健康中心有关。
You have 50 seconds to read the letter, begin reading now.
你有50秒的时间阅读这封信,现在开始计时。
Now listen to two students discussing the letter.
两个学生正在讨论这封信,请听他们的对话。

Woman: Did you read that letter in the paper?
女:你看过报纸上那封信了吗?
Man: Sure, and though she's right about the problems, I don't think what she proposes will do much good.
男:当然了。虽然她对这些问题的看法都是对的,但是我觉得她的建议没有什么好处。
Woman: Really?
女:真的吗?
Man: Yeah. Take her first suggestion: I mean, have you seen the health center.
男:是的。就拿她第一个建议来说吧,你看见过学校的健康中心吗?
Woman: Of course! Why?
女:当然了!怎么了?
Man: Well...it's tiny, right? The center suffers from lack of space, so, unless they build more treatment rooms or offices or something...
男:很小,对吧?健康中心空间不足,如果他们要这么做的话,除非多建一些病房或者办公室什么的......
Woman: Now, I see...
女:嗯,我知道了...
Man: And also, her second suggestion.
男:还有,她的第二个建议。
Woman: It seems like that'll help things out...
女:看起来第二个建议似乎是有用的啊......
Man: Well...not necessarily...I mean...think about it. A lot of students aren't even here on the weekends.
男:也不一定...我是说,想想看,很多学生周末的时候甚至都不在这里啊。
Woman: That's true.
女:那确实。
Man: They leave town and get away; there's not a lot of people here.
男:他们周末都出城去别的地方了,没有多少人会留在这儿的。
Woman: Yeah, like me, I got home probably...at least twice a month.
女:是啊,就拿我自己来说吧,我可能...至少一个月要回两次家。
Man: Right, and a lot of us leave campus for the weekend even more often than that.
男:没错,而且我们中很多人周末离开学校的频率甚至比那还要高。
So there's just not a lot of demand for treatment then. See what I mean?
所以说,那时候并不会有很多人要看病。你懂我的意思吗?

分享到