托福口语TPO-15 听力部分(3)
日期:2016-06-17 10:49

(单词翻译:单击)

Briefly summarize the problem the speakers are discussing.
请简要概括讲话人正在讨论的问题。
Then state which solution you would recommend. Explain the reasons for your recommendation.
然后说明你会推荐哪种解决方案并解释原因。
Listen to a conversation between two students.
请听两个学生间的对话。

M: Hey, Kerri, what's the matter?
男:Kerri,出什么事了?
W: Well, you know I'm in the choir, right? And we have a concert tonight in an hour,just an hour from now?
女:你知道的,我加入了合唱团。可是你知道我们今天晚上一个小时之后有个音乐会吗?离现在就一个小时的时间。
M: I know, I'm going, really looking forward to hearing you sing. What's the trouble?
男:我知道啊。我还打算去呢。真的很期待听到你唱歌。出了什么问题吗?
W: Well, we're all supposed to wear white shirts and black pants at the concert. You know, so we all look the same.
女:我们所有人在音乐会上都应该穿白衬衫和黑裤子,你知道的,为了让大家看起来一样。
M: Right?
男:对啊。
W: Well, I wore my white shirt to dinner and I spilt spaghetti sauce all over it.
女:可是我穿着白衬衫去吃了晚饭,结果弄得衣服上到处都是意大利面的酱汁。
M: Oh, no!
男:啊?不是吧!
W: Yeah, there's a huge red stein on it. I can't wear it for the concert now.
女:就是这样。衬衫上有块巨大的红色污渍。我现在没办法穿着它去音乐会了。
It's the only white shirt I have and there's no time to go to the store to buy another one.
我只有这一件白色的衬衫,而且也没时间去店里再买一件了。
M: Wow! What are you gonna do?
男:那你打算怎么办?
W: Well, I just called the choir director and he's obviously unhappy about all this.
女:我给合唱团的团长打过电话了,他明显对这件事很不高兴。
But I told him about another shirt I have, it's not exactly white, not white like the others, sort of off white, sort of cream-colored? And he says it's OK for me to wear it, but...
不过我告诉他我还有另外一件衬衫,不过不是全白的,跟其他的白衬衫有点不一样,不是特别白,有点像奶油色?他说我要穿这件衬衫也可以,只是......
M: But it's not exactly the same color as the others.
男:只是这件衬衫的颜色和其他人的不太一样。
W: Right. I'll feel kind of funny. Some people in the audience would probably be able to tell.
女:没错。到时候我看起来会有点滑稽。观众中有些人可能看得出来。
M: Hmmm. Don't any of the other choir members have an extra white shirt you could borrow?
男:合唱团里其他成员都没有多余的白衬衫可以借给你吗?
W: No, I've already asked around. But my roommate has one.
女:没有,我已经问了一圈了。不过,我的舍友倒是有一件。
M: Great, use hers.
男:太好了,穿她的啊。
W: Well, the thing is, she's out of town. I've tried calling her but haven't been able to reach her.
女:可是问题是,她出城了。我试过给她打电话,但是一直打不通。
She probably wouldn't mind, but, you know, I've never borrowed any of her stuff before and I really don't like taking things without asking.
她也许不会介意,但是,我以前从没借过她的东西,而且我真的很不喜欢没有问过别人就拿她的东西。

分享到
重点单词
  • concertn. 音乐会,一致,和谐 vt. 制定计划,通过协商达成
  • unhappyadj. 不快乐的,不高兴的
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液
  • summarizev. 概述,摘要而言
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • choirn. 唱诗班,唱诗班的席位
  • recommendationn. 推荐,介绍
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
  • recommendvt. 建议,推荐,劝告 vt. 使成为可取,使受欢迎