托福口语TPO-23 听力部分(1)
日期:2016-08-02 10:52

(单词翻译:单击)

Now listen to two students discussing the article.
有两个学生正在讨论这篇文章,请听他们的对话。

Man: Hey, what do you think of this?
男:你对这个有什么看法?
Woman: You mean the editors' decision?
女:你指的是编辑做出的决定吗?
Man: Right.
男:是的。
Woman: oh, I think they are right. It's the thing to do.
女:我觉得他们是对的,就该这么做。
Man: Really? Why?
男:真的吗?为什么?
Woman: Well, hardly anyone reads that section.
女:基本上没人会看那个版块的内容的。
Man: You don't think so?
男:你觉得没人会看吗?
Woman: Not really, I mean, they only cover a couple of stories and most people already know about them before they even get around to reading the campus paper.
女:差不多吧,报纸上只会报道几个故事,而且在大家有空看校报之前他们大部分人就已经知道发生的事情了。
Man: True, if you get the local paper, or use the internet, you already know the major stories.
男:确实,如果看地方报纸,或者上网的话,早就知道这些事件了。
Woman: Exactly, and the coverage's better. I think we should just stick with campus news and stuff.
女:没错,而且地方报纸和网络的涵盖范围更全面。我觉得我们仅仅关注校内新闻什么的应该就可以了。
Man: So do you think what they're gonna replace it with is better?
男:所以你觉得他们要用来替换它的这个版块更好?
Woman: Definitely, right now, how do you learn about what's happening on campus?
女:必须的。你目前都是怎么知道校园里要发生的事情的?
Man: Mostly from posters in the different buildings or in the student center.
男:主要是通过不同的教学楼里或者大学生中心张贴的海报啊。
Woman: Right, the information is everywhere but it's hard to keep track of it.
女:没错,信息到处都是,但是时刻注意动向却很困难。
I see stuff posted but then I forget about it half the time.
我看见有贴着东西,但是接着很快就把它忘记了。
Man: So you're saying that with this new section...
男:所以你的意思是有了这个新版块......
Woman: You could just cut it out from the newspaper and carry it around and check it anytime and know what's taking place when and where.
女:你就可以从报纸上把它剪下来随身带着,任何时候都可以查看,就能知道什么时候在哪里要发生什么了。

分享到
重点单词
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • replacevt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处