托福口语TPO-32 听力部分(2)
日期:2016-09-26 10:07

(单词翻译:单击)

Now listen to part of a lecture on this topic in a Psychology class.
请听在心理学课堂上关于这个话题的部分内容。

OK, so an example of this from my own life:
这个例子是我的真实经历:
five or six years ago, I was helping a friend of mine decide on a house to buy.
五六年前,我帮一个朋友决定要买哪个房子。
He had been in the market to buy a house and he had it narrowed down to this one house that he was interested in.
他为了买房已经逛过房产市场了,并且将范围缩小到了他感兴趣的这座房子。
What he really liked about this house was it had an excellent location.
他特别中意这座房子的一点就是它极佳的地理位置。
It was in a great place that was actually in the same part of town where he was working right up the street from his job.
这座房子和他工作的地方正好在城里的同一片区域,地段极佳,就在他公司上面一条街。
So he wouldn't have far to drive to get to work which he really liked.
这样他就不用开很久的车去上班了,这让他十分满意。
However, the downside of this house was,that it was smaller than what he was hoping to buy.
可是,这座房子的底侧比他预期的要小。
He wanted to buy sort of a big house and this house just wasn't that big.
他本想买座大房子,可是这座房子并没有那么大。
So it was a tough decision. But my friend eventually did decide to buy the house.
这很难做决定。不过最终我的朋友还是决定买下这座房子。
And a few years after he made the purchase, I remember,
我记得他买下这座房子几年之后,
we were talking about the decision and why he decided to buy the house.
我们还讨论过这个决定以及他决定买下这座房子的原因。
He told me, well, of course, it was because of the house's location.
果然,他告诉我还是因为这座房子的位置。
He told me how happy he was with the fact it was so close to his work,
他说一想到这座房子离他公司那么近就很开心,
how great it was that it was only few minutes from his job.
住得离工作地点只有几分钟的路程实在是太棒了。
I said, "Yes, but, what about its size? Do you still think the house is kind of small?"
我说:“当然,不过房子大小呢?你还是觉得房子有点小吗?”
And he looked at me kind of surprised, "Small? What do you mean small?"
他有点惊讶地看着我说:“小?你怎么会觉得它小呢?”
Like he didn't know what I was talking about.
就好像他根本不懂我到底在讲什么一样。
The house's size, a couple of years after buying it, just didn't seem to be on his mind anymore.
买下这座房子几年后,房子的大小似乎已经被他抛之脑后了。

分享到