托福口语TPO-04 听力部分(2)
日期:2016-04-13 09:56

(单词翻译:单击)

Explain how the examples from the professor's lecture illustrate the relationship between verbal and nonverbal communication.
解释说明教授的演讲是如何举例说明语言沟通和非语言沟通关系的。
Now read a passage from a psychology textbook.
现在请读心理学课本上的一段话。
You have 45 seconds to read the passage. Begin reading now.
你有45秒钟来阅读这段话。现在开始计时。

Now listen to part of a lecture on this topic in a psychology course.
请听关于心理学课程话题的部分演讲。
Last month, my favorite uncle paid me a surprise visit.
上个月,最喜爱的叔叔令人惊喜的造访了我。
I hadn't seen him in many years.
我好多年没见他了。
The door bell rang, I opened the door and there was uncle Pete.
门铃响了,我打开门看见了皮特叔叔。
Now, I am sure when I saw him I said something like,
现在,我很确定当时我说了这些话
"Uncle Pete, what a surprise! How nice to see you."
“皮特叔叔,太惊喜了!见到你真高兴。”
Anyway, my wife was standing next to me, and according to her,
不管怎样,我妻子站在旁边,据她说,
I wasn't really aware of this, my eyes got really wide and I broke into a huge big smile,
我并没有意识到自己的眼睛睁得很大,笑的嘴都咧开了,
she said I was really jumping up and down like a little boy.
她说我又蹦又跳的简直像个小男孩儿。
Well, anyway, later that evening uncle Pete told me how very very good he felt when he saw how happy I was to see him.
反正傍晚晚些时候说皮特叔叔告诉我,他看见我这么高兴跟他见面感觉很开心。
But compared that with this: my daughter, she's six,
与此相对比的是:我女儿6岁了,
we were building a bird house together last week, and I was showing her how to use a hammer and a nail.
上个礼拜我们一起搭一座鸟屋,我演示给她看怎么使用锤子和钉子。
And, of course, stupid me, I wasn't being very careful when I smashed my thumb with the hammer.
当然了,愚蠢如我,不小心用锤子砸到了我自己的大拇指。
Boy, it hurt! I almost felt like screaming, but I didn't want to upset my daughter,
天哪,太疼了!我简直想尖叫出声,但是我不想让女儿难过,
so I said, “Don't worry, honey. It's nothing.”
所以我说,“别担心,亲爱的,我没事儿。”
Meanwhile, I was shaking my hand as if that would stop my thumb from hurting and my face was contorted in pain.
同时,我抖着手好像可以防止疼痛似的,我的脸疼的扭曲了。
My voice was trembling, too. So, even though I told my daughter I was OK,
我的嗓音也颤抖着。因此,尽管我告诉女儿我没事儿,
I am sure she didn't believe me, because she kept asking me if I was OK.
我敢说她绝对没相信,因为她一直在问我还好吗。

分享到
重点单词
  • thumbn. 拇指 v. 翻阅,示意要求搭车
  • nonverbaladj. 非言辞语的,不用语言的
  • illustratev. 举例说明,(为书)作插图,图解
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • communicationn. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信
  • hammern. 锤,榔头 vi. 锤击,反复敲打 vt. 锤打,严
  • verbaladj. 动词的,口头的,用言辞的,用文字的 n. 动名