托福口语TPO-32 听力部分(1)
日期:2016-09-23 09:37

(单词翻译:单击)

Read a student letter in the campus newspaper.
请阅读校报上的这封学生来信。
You will have 50 seconds to read the letter. Begin reading now.
你有50秒的时间阅读。现在请开始阅读。
Now listen to two students discussing the letter.
现在请听两位学生讨论这封信。

Woman: Did you see this, Jim? What do you think about her idea?
女:你看过这个了吗,Jim?你觉得她的想法怎么样?
Man: I think it'd be great. It'd make things much less expensive.
男:我觉得很棒啊。这样的话就能节省很多钱了。
'cause our campus is located outside the city, if you can't get a friend with a car to give you a ride, there is no other way to get to the airport. And your only choice is to take a taxi.
因为我们学校在郊区,如果你没有开车的朋友能送你一程的话,你是没有办法去机场的。这样你就只能打的去机场了。
Woman: I know. I've had to take a taxi before and it's pretty expensive.
女:我知道。我之前就打过的士去机场,太贵了。
Man: Yeah, like thirty or forty dollars which is a lot especially for students.
男:对,差不多要三四十美元,这太贵了,尤其是对学生来说。
Woman: Yeah, definitely.
女:是的,没错。
Man: And I think it would work what she's suggesting.
男:而且我觉得她的建议是可行的。
I mean, there is less need for buses on campus during that time to take students between the buildings.
男:你看,那段时间学校里并不需要那么多公交车来接送学生往返于教学楼之间。
Woman: You mean because classes are over then?
女:你是说因为那个时候都已经结课了?
Man: Yeah, exactly, there might some final exams still going on but regular classes won't be meeting.
男:对啊,那会儿可能还有些期末考试,但是常规课程都结束了。
There are much fewer students left on campus and they don't need to get around campus that often.
留在学校的学生会少很多,而他们也不需要那么频繁地在校园里活动。
Woman: Yeah, I guess they're just making occasional trips to take exams or go to the library or gym or whatever.
女:是啊,我想他们应该也只是偶尔去考试,或者去图书馆、健身房什么的。
Man: Right, it shouldn't cause any problems for anyone who still needs to get around campus.
男:对,所以这样做的话对那些还需要在校园里活动的人来说,也造成不了什么麻烦。

分享到