托福口语TPO-27 听力部分(1)
日期:2016-08-24 09:15

(单词翻译:单击)

Now listen to two students discussing the article.
请听下面两位学生讨论这篇文章。

Woman: Oh, no, did you see this?
女:不是吧。你看过这篇文章了吗?
Man: Yeah, why? You don't like the idea?
男:看过了啊,怎么了?你不喜欢这个想法吗?
Woman: Not at all!
女:一点儿也不喜欢!
Man: How come?
男:为什么?
Woman: Well, the cost, for one thing, they are just not being realistic.
女:首先就是费用问题,他们一点儿也不现实。
Man: Even compare to the price of textbooks?
男:即使和教材的价钱相比还是很贵吗?
Woman: Well, sure, textbooks aren't cheap, but do you think people are only gonna use one device the whole time they are at university?
女:当然了,虽然教材也不便宜,但是你觉得大家在学校期间只会需要一台设备吗?
What happens if yours breaks? You have to buy a new one.
如果设备坏了怎么办?那你就不得不再买台新的了。
Or they come out with some fancy new features. Wouldn't you want to get a new one then?
或者,又出新款了呢?你不会想换台新的吗?
Man: Yeah, I see what you mean. A lot of people would probably want to replace theirs with the latest version.
男:嗯,我知道你的意思。很多人可能会想换新款。
Woman: Right! Maybe even every year and that can add up.
女:没错!也许他们甚至一年换一次新款,这些花费加起来数字可不小啊。
Man: True, but, don't you agree it'll make studying and preparing for classes a lot easier?
男:确实。但是你不觉得有了这些设备,学习和课堂准备都会简单得多吗?
Woman: I don't think everybody is gonna think it's so great.
女:我觉得不是每个人都会认为它很棒的。
Man: What do you mean?
男:怎么说呢?
Woman: Well. , it's only helpful if it's easy to use and, well, this thing is pretty small. It's only about 18 or 20 centimeters tall.
女:嗯...这个设备只有在使用方法简单的情况下才有帮助吧。你看,它其实挺小的,长度只有18或者20厘米左右。
Man: Oh, really? So that means the screen's pretty small.
男:真的吗?那这样屏幕就很小了。
Woman: Right, and I heard that the key pad or control buttons, they are small, too.
女:没错,而且我听说键盘和按键也都很小。
So if you have normal-sized fingers, it's not so easy to select an item or get it to function right, you know, to do stuff like highlighting or underlining.
如果手指大小正常的话,要选对图标或者正确操作可不容易,你知道的,比如标重点或者画线什么的。
Man: I hadn't thought of that.
男:我还没想到这点呢。
Woman: So what good are all those fancy features if it's hard to use them?
女:所以说如果操作这么困难的话,要那些花里胡哨的功能有什么用?
Besides, I like the old-fashioned way of studying material: writing notes on the page and underlining or highlighting important sections of the book.
而且,我更喜欢传统的学习方式:在书上做笔记,把书里重要的部分标出来或者画线。
I'm more comfortable with that.
我觉得这样更舒服。

分享到
重点单词
  • replacevt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处
  • screenn. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风 v. 放映,选拔,掩蔽,遮蔽
  • devicen. 装置,设计,策略,设备
  • functionn. 功能,函数,职务,重大聚会 vi. 运行,起作用
  • realisticadj. 现实的,现实主义的
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支