托福口语TPO-21 听力部分(3)
日期:2016-07-22 09:41

(单词翻译:单击)

Briefly summarize the problem the speakers are discussing.
请简要概括讲话人正在讨论的问题。
Then state which solution you would recommend.
然后说明你会推荐哪种解决方案。
Explain the reasons for your recommendation.
并解释原因。
Listen to a conversation between two students.
请听两个学生间的对话。

Man: Hey, Sara, when does your play open? The one you wrote and directing?
男:Sara,你的话剧什么时候开演啊?就是你写的并指导的那部话剧?
Woman: In one week.
女:一个星期之后。
Man: And how's it coming along?
男:情况怎么样?
Woman: Well, the rehearsal had been going pretty well, there's just one problem.
女:彩排结果还不错,现在就剩一个问题了。
Man: What's that?
男:什么问题?
Woman: We have a guy named Bill playing one of the supporting roles, one of the minor characters.
女:我们有一个叫Bill的人,扮演其中一个配角,一个次要角色。
Man: OK?
男:然后呢?
Woman: And he just can't remember his lines.
女:他总是记不住台词。
All the other characters have their parts memorized except Bill.
所有其他演员都把角色台词背熟了,就剩Bill一个人了。
We'll be in the middle of rehearsing a big scene and he'll forget what he is supposed to say next.
我们在排练一个很重要的场景时,他总是忘记下一句该说什么。
I thought he'd eventually improve but now I'm not sure he'll be ready for opening night.
我以为他慢慢会好一些的,但是现在我不确定他能不能在开演那天晚上之前准备好。
Man: Oh, no! That's not good. What can you do at this point?
男:不是吧!这可不妙。都这个节骨眼了你还能怎么办呢?
Woman: Well, I could replace him. There are other actors on campus, actors who could play the part.
女:我可以找人代替他。学校里还有别的演员,他们可以扮演这个角色。
Man: Yeah, since it's such a minor role, another actor could probably learn the part in time.
男:对,既然这只是个次要角色,别的演员也许可以及时熟悉这个角色。
Woman: That's true. It's just that I don't know how he'd feel about that.
女:没错,只是我不知道他对这件事会怎么想。
Removing him from the play could hurt his feelings and he was really looking forward to being in it.
把他从话剧中踢出去可能会伤害他的感情,毕竟他真的很期待能够参加这个话剧。
Man: I see, well, could you, I mean, maybe another thing you could do is spent time with him, after rehearsals, you know, work with him to help him learn to remember his lines.
男:我知道了,也许,我的意思是,也许你能做的另一件事就是在他身上花点时间,比如排练完之后再跟他一起对对词,帮他把台词背下来。
Woman: Yeah, I could do that. But there are other parts of the production I try to take care of after rehearsals.
女:嗯,也不是不可以。但是排练结束之后我还要忙话剧中其他的工作。
So it'll take away from other things that I need to do before opening night.
所以这样的话就会耽误我在开演之前要完成的其他事情。

分享到
重点单词
  • rehearsaln. 排练,彩排
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • minoradj. 较小的,较少的,次要的 n. 未成年人,辅修科
  • recommendvt. 建议,推荐,劝告 vt. 使成为可取,使受欢迎
  • replacevt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处
  • summarizev. 概述,摘要而言
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后