(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Humiliation.
羞辱
It’s nice to see your wife’s lover...
看见自己老婆的情人...
...a shivering, frightened, fucking wreck in front of you.
在自己面前发抖、害怕、脚软 感觉实在很好
As a matter of fact, I liked him.
说实话 我喜欢他
I thought he was attractive.
我觉得他很有吸引力
I thought we could have become good friends.
我觉得我们可以成为好朋友
The shortest way to a man’s heart, as I’m sure you know, is humiliation.
通往男人心的最短途径 我相信你知道 就是羞辱
It binds you together.
羞辱令你们走到一起
You found him attractive?
你觉得他很有吸引力?
I put myself in my wife’s shoes, in a manner of speaking.
我从我妻子的立场去想 以她说话的习惯
I was trying to find out what attracted her to him.
我想弄明白他有哪点吸引她
-And did you?-Oh, yes.
-你有发现到吗? -有的
He was really terribly sweet.
他真的相当可爱
-I could see why she fancied him.-I could see why he fancies her.
-我能明白她为何喜欢上她 -我能明白他为何喜欢上她
-Really?-Found her very tasty myself.
-真的? -我个人觉得她非常秀色可餐
-Is that so?-Oh, yes.
-是那样吗? -噢 是的
Sumptuous.Ready for action.
奢华 蓄势待发
I mean, I’m an experienced detective.
我的意思是 我是个经验老
重点解释
重点单词:
1、humiliation
n. 丢脸,耻辱;蒙羞;谦卑
We have suffered 30 years of humiliation and torture.
我们已经遭受了30年的羞辱和折磨。
2、wreck
n. 破坏;失事;残骸;失去健康的人
vt. 破坏;使失事;拆毁
vi. 失事;营救失事船只
The ship wrecked at sea.
这艘船在海上遇难。
3、attractive
adj. 吸引人的;有魅力的;引人注目的
She is an attractive person.
她是个吸引男人的人。
4、terribly
adv. 非常;可怕地;极度地
I miss her terribly.
我非常想念她。
5、fancy
n. 幻想;想像力;爱好
adj. 想象的;奇特的;昂贵的;精选的
vt. 想象;喜爱;设想;自负
vi. 幻想;想象
The exhibits took the fancy of the visitors.
展出品深受参观者的喜爱。
重点短语:
1、As a matter of fact
事实上
As a matter of fact, if I accept the Nietzschean criterion, they think "yes" in one way or another.
事实上,如果我接受尼采的标准,他们总是用这种或那种方式在说“是”。
2、find out
v. 找出,查明;发现,揭发
How do we find out about it?
我们怎么去发现这一点?
考考你:
1、燃烧的残骸冒出浓烈的黑烟。
2、对我来讲,这出戏不是那么有吸引力。
3、老师的故事激发了学生们的想像力。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、You may select whoever you think is suitable.
2、They terrified her into handing over the key to the safe.
3、A faint hope still flickered in her breast.