位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 足迹 > 正文
电影随身听附讲解《足迹》第8期:我命令你把珠宝偷走
日期:2012-11-27 12:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Listen, I’m going to make you a proposition.
听着, 我有个建议。

A few years ago, I gave her some jewels.
几年前 我给了她一些珠宝。

Amazingly expensive.
昂贵无比。

I didn’t give them to her, I own them.They’re insured in my name.
我没有把它们给她 我拥有它们 以我的名义投保。

But I let her use them on special occasions.
但我允许她在特殊场合上配戴它们。

They’re worth 1 million pounds.
它们价值一百万英镑。

They spend half the time in the bank, half the time in the safe.
一半时间在银行里 一半时间在保险箱内。

At the moment, they’re here in the house, in the safe.
现在, 它们就在这屋子里的保险箱内。

And I want you to steal them.
我要你偷走它们。

Steal them?That’s right.
偷走它们? 没错。

What the hell do you mean?I want you to steal the jewels.
你到底什么意思? 我要你偷走珠宝。

You want me to steal the jewels?I don’t get it.
你要我偷走珠宝? 我不明白。

It’s simple.You steal the jewels, sell them abroad...
很简单, 你偷走珠宝 ,卖至海外...

...and you live happily ever after with Maggie.
从此以后与玛吉过着幸福的生活。

I get rid of my wife and I’ll be like a pig in shit.
而我将摆脱我的妻子幸福得像睡在猪圈里的猪一样。

You can keep Maggie in the manner to which she’s become accustomed.
你可以让玛吉继续保持她的生活方式。

You want me to take part in a scummy little plot...
你要我参与一项下流的阴谋...

...to defraud your insurance company, is that it?
合伙诈骗你的保险公司是不是?

I thought it was quite elegant.
我觉得这相当优雅。

What do you think I am?
你当我是什么人?

What the fuck are you actually talking about?
该死的你到底在说些什么?

These are real facts.This is a joke.
这是实话 这是玩笑。

No.It’s also a trap.
不 这还是个陷阱。

A trap?Yes.You think I’m a fool.
陷阱? 是的 你当我是傻瓜。

Well, are you?
哦,你是吗?

They’re worth a million pounds.You’d get a fraction of that from any fence.
它们价值一百万英镑 而任何销赃者只会给你一点零头。

I have already contacted a friend of mine in Amsterdam.
我已经和在阿姆斯特丹的一位朋友联系过了。

And he will give you 800,000 pounds taxfree.
他将给你八十万英镑而且是免税的。

Eight hundred thousand pounds...
八十万镑...

Now, think about it.
现在 好好考虑一下

...taxfree.
免税

重点讲解

重点单词:
1、proposition
n. [数] 命题,提议,主题,议题
vt. 向…提议,向…求欢
Do you favor her proposition ?
你赞成她的主张吗?

2、insure
v. 确保,保证,给…保险
Be sure you have the correct model number to insure that you are viewing the proper information.
你要确保输入的产品号是准确无误的,这样你得到的信息才会是正确的。


3、accustomed
become accustomed to 习惯于;对…变得习以为常
get accustomed to 变得习惯于,习惯于
I am accustomed to a spare diet.

我习惯于简单的饮食。

4、scummy
adj. 下流的,满是浮渣的,浮渣一般的
I love him. It's love, not like those scummy Eagles.
我爱他,这是爱,不像那些可恶的老鹰队

5、elegant
adj. 高雅的,优雅的,讲究的

That required flexibility and performance, but also the ability to express elegant interfaces.
这需要灵活性和性能,但也要有表达优雅界面的能力。

6、trap
n. 陷阱,圈套,[建] 存水弯
vi. 设陷阱
His offer smelt of a clear trap.
他的提议明显是一个圈套。

重点短语:
1、 on special occasions 在特殊场合


2、a fraction of
一小部分,一部分,零点几
Their economy is still a fraction of ours.
他们的经济仍然是我们的一部分。


3、It’s a trap.这是陷阱。


4、I’m a fool. 我是傻瓜。


考考你:


1、我习惯了作为惟一的孩子坐在满是成年人的桌旁。

2、现在,您已经掌握了一种优雅的方式,确定表中每个单元格的内容和样式。

3、我们有大量可用的可再生资源,但智能利用其中的一部分。


答案下期公布:

上期答案:
1、We cannot understand disease unless we understand the person who has the disease.
2、We invited readers who completed the puzzle to send in their solutions.
3、Why they respond to advertising as they do.

分享到
重点单词
  • fencen. 栅栏,围墙,击剑术 n. 买卖赃物的人 v. 用篱
  • propositionn. 建议,命题,主张 vt. 向 ... 提议,向 .
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • performancen. 表演,表现; 履行,实行 n. 性能,本事
  • puzzlen. 谜,难题,迷惑 vt. 使困惑,使为难 vi. 迷
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • respondv. 回答,答复,反应,反响,响应 n. [建]壁
  • fractionn. 分数,小部分,破片
  • insurevt. 保险,确保 vi. 买保险
  • insuredn. 被保险者,保户 动词insure的过去式和过去分词