365天实用商务口语 第22期:安排预约
日期:2014-03-25 15:58

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Would you like to make an appointment with Mr. Black?
您想预约布莱克先生吗?
I'll check his schedule.
我查一下他的日程安排。
He happens to be available at that time.
那时他碰巧有空。

Is 10 o'clock Friday morning all right?
星期五上午十点钟可以吗?
How about tomorrow afternoon?
明天下午怎么样?
There has been a note of three appointments on his calendar for that day.
他的日程表上记着他那天已经有三个约会了。
Wednesday is full of appointments.
星期三都安排满了。
His schedule is pretty full on Friday. He can only see you at 11 today.
他星期五的日程已经排满了,他只有今天11点可以见您。
He has a busy afternoon, but he can squeeze you in at 3:00.
他下午很忙,但3点时可以挤出点时间给您。

I will call you up if there's any change.
如果有任何变化我会给您打电话的。
Would you like to cancel it or change it to sometime next week?
您想取消预约还是想把预约改到下周的某个时间?
Making An Appointment
预约时间
ABC Trading Corporation, Miss Liu speaking.
ABC贸易公司,我是刘小姐。
Good afternoon. My name is Carter and l work for Standard Cars Ltd. of Shanghai. I'd like to speak to Mr. Ma, please.
下午好。我叫卡特,在上海标准汽车有限公司工作。我想和马先生说话。
Secretary: I'm afraid Mr. Ma is not here at the moment. Can I help you?
恐怕马先生现在不在这儿。我能帮忙吗?
Yes. Can I make an appointment with Mr. Ma, please?
可以。我可以预约马先生吗?
Let me check his diary and see if I can arrange it for you. Hold on, please...Mr.Ma might be free on Tuesday morning and Friday afternoon.
我查一下他的记事簿,看看能不能给您安排一下。请稍等…马先生可能会在星期二上午、星期五下午有空。
Well, could I make an appointment at Wednesday afternoon, please?
请问,能约在星期三下午吗?
Would 2:30 be convenient?
两点半方便吗?
Yes, that'll be fine.
可以,很好。
Secretary: I'll make a note of that. Would you like me to confirm your appointment?
我会记下来的。您想让我再核实一下吗?
Yes, please. You can contact me any day at Shanghai,021-43701786.
好的。您可以在任何一天和我联系。我在上海的电话是021-43701786。
Fine. I'll do that.
好的,我会再联系您的。
详细解释

1.“at the moment“意为“此刻,现在”,例如:The number is engaged at the moment. Try again in five minutes.(这个号码现在占线,请五分钟后再试试吧。)
2.“hold on”在这里为电话用语,意思是“别挂电话,稍等”,例如:The line was engaged and the operator asked if I'd like to hold on.(电话占线,话务员问我是否愿意等一下。)另外,“hold on”在口语中还经常表示“稍等,等一下”的意思,相当于“hang on”,例如:Hold on a minute while I get my breath back.(等一下,让我喘口气。)除此之外,“hold on”还有“(历经危难而不死)坚持住”的意思,例如:They managed to hold on until help arrived.(他们设法坚持等来了救援。)

为老板安排哪个“约会”

“appointment”、“date”和“engagement”都有“约会”的意思?那么它们三者之间又有什么区别呢?你会为老板安排哪个“约会”呢?
appointment通常指严格根据时间表上预约的时间进行的约见或约会,其目的主要是讨论公事或业务等问题。例如:
I have a dental appointment at 3 pm.
(我下午3点有个牙科的预约。)
You should phone his secretary if you want to make an appointment.
(如果你想跟他预约见面,就应该给他的秘书打电话。)
date多指男女之间的约会。例如:
I've got a date with my girlfriend tomorrow night.
(明晚我跟女朋友有个约会。)
He's asked her out on a date.
(他约她出去了。)
engagement可与“appointment”、“date”换用,泛指在任何商定的地点和时间针对某种目的的约见。属于正式用语。例如:
I have several engagements for next week.
(我下周有几个约会。)
He has an engagement at a restaurant in 5th Street at eight.
(他在八点钟的时候在第五街的一家餐馆有个约会。)

分享到
重点单词
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • convenientadj. 方便的,便利的
  • calendarn. 日历,月历,日程表 vt. 把 ... 列入日程表
  • diaryn. 日记,日记簿
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • corporationn. 公司,法人,集团
  • squeezev. 压榨,挤压,塞进 n. 压榨,勒索,榨取
  • postponevt. 延期,推迟
  • engagementn. 婚约,订婚,约会,约定,交战,雇用,(机器零件等)