(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Could you consider prompt shipment for this lot?
我们这批货能不能考虑即期装运?
Is it possible to effect shipment in April?
能不能在4月份装运?
How about making Hong Kong the port of shipment instead of Shantou?
不在汕头装船,在香港装船怎么样?
Could you ship the goods all at once?
你们可以将货物一次装船吗?
We can't accept your demand for direct shipment.
我们不能接受你们的直运要求。
You know, we need to get the goods ready, make out the documents and book shipping space. All these take time.
您知道,我们得备货、制单、订舱位。所有这些都需要时间。
I suggest we effect shipment in three equal lots from May.
我建议我们从5月份开始分相等的三批货进行装运。
I propose multimodal transport.
我建议采取多式联运。
Shipment
运输
I propose combined transport.I'm quite satisfied with the leather shoes you produce in Guangzhou. Is it possible for you to make direct shipment to London from Guangzhou in March?
我对你们在广州生产的皮鞋很满意。能在3月份从广州直运伦敦吗?
I'm afraid not. There is only one direct liner from Guangzhou to Europe every two months. The next chanceis a Singapore bound steam ship in May.
恐怕不行。从广州到欧洲的直运班轮每两个月才一次。接下来的机会就是一艘5月份开往新加坡的轮船。
But we are in urgent need of the shoes. Can we make trans-shipment through Singapore?
可是我们急需这批鞋。能在新加坡转运吗?
There are many thin s that could go wrong.
这样有许多事情可能会出差错。
If there's no alternative, we'll have to send a ship to Guangzhou.
要是没有别的办法,我们只好派船来广州了。
I propose multimodal transport. The goods can be carried first by rail to Yantai and then by sea to London.
我建议采取多式联运。先用火车把货运到烟台,再用船运到伦敦。
The combined transport may cause a delay in shipment or even lose the goods completely. Besides, the formalities are too complicated.
联运很可能会引起运输延误甚至造成货品全部丢失。另外,手续也太复杂。
The facilities for shipping goods to European countries have changed a lot in the last few years. As to formalities, we'll handle them at our end.
最近几年,出口到欧洲国家去的货物的装运设施条件已经改善多了。至于手续问题,由我们负责。
All right. You persuaded me.
好吧。您把我说服了。
详细解释
1.“be in need of sth.”的意思是“需要或缺乏某物”,“in”和“need”之间还可以使用表示程度的形容词,例如:This project is in urgent need of funding.(这个项目急需资金。)He is homeless and in desperate need of help.(他无家可归,急需帮助。)
2.“go wrong” 可以表示“出故障,出毛病,出羞错”,这时主语是物,例如:The television has gone wrong again. (电视机又出毛病了。)另外,“go wrong”还可以表示“(人)犯错误,做错事”,例如:If you read the instructions, you'll see where you went wrong.(你要是看一下说明书,你就知道你错在哪儿了。)