赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第69期:午餐时间 Time for Lunch
日期:2013-11-01 14:51

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Time for Lunch

午餐时间

At a sidewalk cafe Kathy and Evan stop for lunch.

凯西和艾凡停在人行道旁的一家小馆吃午餐。

E:This is the life. Too bad we couldn't travel like this for the rest of our lives.

艾凡:这才是人生。很遗憾我们今后不能天天像这样子旅行。

K:Nah. I'd get bored with it.

凯西:不。天天这样旅行我会厌烦的。

E:Are you kidding? Why wouldn't you want to see the whole world?

艾凡:你在开玩笑吧?你为什么不想看看整个世界呢?

K:I would. But I also want to work, have a family, be with my friends,...

凯西:我想啊。但我也想工作、成家、和朋友们相聚……

E:Yeah, I get your point. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy," but all play and no work would be weird, too.

艾凡:嗯,我懂妳的意思。“只工作不游戏使人乏味没生气”,但只游戏不工作也很怪异。

K:That's true. So, what are we having for lunch? Have you decided yet?

凯西:没错。那么,我们午餐吃什么呢?你决定了吗?

E:I think I'll try the soup du jour. It's probably a local style. I want to try local food. And the pickled herring platter looks good, too.

艾凡:我想我要试试本日特选汤。这也许是一道本地风味的料理。我想试试本地的食物。而这道腌鲱鱼盘看起来也不错。

K:All right. I'll have the fried chicken and coleslaw.

凯西:好吧。我要吃炸鸡和生菜沙拉。

E:Beverage of choice?

艾凡:要喝什么饮料?

K:Iced tea. And you'll have a beer, right?

凯西:冰茶。而你要喝啤酒,对吧?

E:Natch. I like their local Carlsberg. It's very refreshing.

艾凡:想当然耳。我喜欢当地的卡尔斯堡啤酒,非常提神解劳。

K:And dessert?

凯西:那么,甜点呢?

E:Let's wait to see how much the main course is. I don't want to be stuffed and keep on shopping.

艾凡:咱们待会儿看看主菜的量有多少再说吧。我不想撑着肚子继续购物。

K:Good point. Oh, waiter!

凯西:有道理。喂,服务生!

精讲部分

1. for the rest of one's life在某人的余生中

2. get/be bored with…对……感到厌烦

3. get one's point懂某人的意思

4. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.只工作不游戏使人乏味没生气。

5. weird 怪涎的

6. soup du jour 木日特选汤

7. pickled herring platter 腌鲜鱼盘

8. coleslaw 凉拌生菜,生菜沙拉

9. Beverage of choice?要喝什么饮品?

10. natch 当然

11. refreshing 令人神清气爽的,清神醒脑的

12. dessert 餐后否

13. main course 主菜

14. stuffed 吃太饱的

分享到
重点单词
  • dulladj. 呆滞的,迟钝的,无趣的,钝的,暗的 v. 变钝
  • sidewalkn. 人行道 =pavement(英)