(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
At Rembrandt's House
林布兰博物馆
Kathy and Evan visit Rembrandt's house, a national museum.
凯西和艾凡参观国立林布兰博物馆。
E:Here we are! That didn't take so long. Everything's so close here.
艾凡:到了!并没有花很久时间嘛。这里每个地方都很近。
City Hall is just down the street, and the zoo is only a kilometer away.
市政厅就在这条路不远的地方,而动物园离这里只有一公里远。
K:Maybe we can visit the zoo tomorrow. Now, let's go inside Rembrandt's House and take a look.
凯西:也许明天我们可以去参观动物园。现在咱们到林布兰博物馆里看看吧。
E:I didn't know you were into art.
艾凡:我不知道你对艺术有兴趣。
K:Oh, yes. I love painting. I took a couple of courses in art appreciation in high school and college.
凯西:哦,没错。我喜爱绘画。在中学和大学时我修过几堂艺术欣赏的课程。
E:That's nice. Do you paint?
艾凡:那很好啊。你会画画吗?
K:No, but I'd love to. Maybe later.
凯西:不会,但我很想画。或许以后吧。
But I'm crazy about Rembrandt and the other 17th century Dutch painters.
我非常喜欢林布兰和其它十七世纪荷兰画家。
They and the Italians were among the first to master color, lighting, and portrait painting.
他们和当时的意大利画家一样都是最早一批专精色彩、明暗和肖像画的画家。
E:Wow! You really know your art, don't you?
艾凡:哇!你真的很懂艺术,不是吗?
K:Just a little. But I really love Rembrandt.
凯西:只懂一点皮毛。但我真的很喜欢林布兰。
His paintings speak to us as clearly today as they did 350 years ago.
他的画作历经三百五十年而不衰。
He was a real genius, in my opinion.
依我之见,他是个真正的天才。
E:When it comes to art, you're the boss. Now let's go inside.
艾凡:说到艺术,一切由你作主。现在,咱们进去吧。
精讲部分
1. be into sth.对某事物有兴趣,热衷某事物=be interested in sth.
例:My brother gave up painting and now he is into photography
我弟弟放弃绘画,他现在对摄影很热衷。
2. be crazy about… 对……很热衷/狂热
例:My sister is crazy about llndy Lau.
我妹妹很迷刘德华。
3. lighting 作ICI或摄影的)光线明暗
4. portrait painting 人像绘画,肖像画
5. speak to...(艺术品)吸引……;引起……的兴趣
=be attractive to...
例:Rodin's sculptunes speak to us through bodv language;anyone can appre ciate the beauty of the human body.
罗丹的雕刻品透过身体语言吸引我们,任何人都可以欣赏人体之美。
6. genius 天才
7. in one's opinion以某人之见
例:}ccot-cling to Mr. I3r<nvn,we should sell our house,but in my opinion,wecan save a lot of money if we keel, it.
根据布朗先生的说法,我们应该卖掉房子,但是,依我之见,如 我们不卖掉它的话,川一以省许多钱。