赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第62期:暴风雨的警兆 Storm Warnings
日期:2013-10-15 16:33

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Storm Warnings

暴风雨的警兆

Mother Nature teaches Kathy and Evan a lesson concerning the weather.

大自然给了凯西和艾凡一次有关天气的教训。

E:Well, we've packed the car. Let's get going.

艾凡:嗯,我们把东西都放到车上了。咱们出发吧。

K:Aw, Evan. What's the rush? Let's take another walk around the pond. Maybe we can feed the ducks.

凯西:呃,艾凡。急什么呢?咱们再到池塘边走走吧。也许我们可以喂鸭子。

E:Next time. See those clouds? They look like thunderheads. I think we'd better head for the car.

艾凡:下次吧。看到那些云了吗?它们看起来像是积雨云。我想我们最好回车上去。

K:Come on, Evan. Just another 15 minutes, that's all.

凯西:别这样嘛,艾凡。只要十五分钟就好了。

E:Well, OK. There's still some bread left over. We can feed the ducks with it.Evan goes back to the car, fetches the bread, and returns to Kathy.

艾凡:嗯,好吧。还剩下一点面包。我们可以用它来喂鸭子。艾凡回到车上,拿了面包再回到凯西身边。

K:Gee, thanks, honey. That was sweet. I thought I saw a couple of ducklings in the bushes.

凯西:哇,谢谢你,亲爱的。你真好。我想我刚看到那边的草丛里有几只小鸭子。

E:OK. after a few minutes' walk,Uh, where did you say those ducklings were? I can't see very clearly. No wonder! Look! That thunderhead is right overhead now.

艾凡:那就走吧。呃,你说的那些小鸭子在哪里?我没办法看得很清楚。抬头看了天空,难怪!看!积雨云现在就在我们正上空。

K:Oh, it's starting to rain! Hurry! Back to the car.

凯西:啊,开始下雨了!快!回车上去。

E:It's too late for that. We're too far. Let's take that path into the woods over there. Remember that small wooden hut we saw there?

艾凡:来不及了。我们离车子太远了。咱们抄那条小路到树林里吧。记得我们在树林里看到的那间小木屋吗?

K:Yeah. Let's hurry! It's starting to pour!

凯西:记得。咱们快一点!开始下大雨了!

精讲部分

1. teach sb a lesson 给某人一个教训

2. concerning 关于

3. What's the rush?什么事这么赶?急什么?

4. thunderhead

5. overhead 在头顶上

6. pour 倾盆而下

分享到
重点单词
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • pondn. 池塘 v. 筑成池塘