赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第53期:善终为善 All's Well That Ends Well
日期:2013-09-27 14:28

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

All's Well That Ends Well

善终为善

On the way back from the embassy, Kathy and Evan stop in a city park.

从大使馆回来的路上,凯西和艾凡在一座市立公园停下来。

K:Oh. Evan. I'm so embarrassed! I can't believe I misplaced my passport.

凯西:哦,艾凡。我好尴尬哦!真不敢相信我竟然忘记我把护照放哪儿了。

E:Well, I guess you've learned a good lesson from all this.

艾凡:嗯,我猜这一番折腾让你得到了一个很好的教训。

K:You bet I have! For one thing, I'm going to keep a close eye on my passport and other travel documents from now on.

凯西:那还用说!举一个例子吧,从现在开始,我会紧盯着我的护照和其它旅游文件。

E:That's good. Anything else?

艾凡:太好了。还有别的吗?

K:Yes! I'm going to put away my clothes as soon as I return to the hostel each time.

凯西:有!以后一回旅社我就会收拾我的衣服。

If I hadn't just thrown my coat onto the bed the other day, I might have checked the pockets before hanging it up.

如果前几天我不是回去就把衣服往床上丢的话,我就会在挂外套前检查口袋了。

E:That would have been a good idea. It's good to be organized.

艾凡:要是当时你那么想就好了。有条有理是不会错的。

K:I envy you, Evan. You're always so well-organized.

凯西:艾凡,我好羡慕你。你一向很有条理。

E:Well, remember what I told you at the beginning of the trip?

艾凡:嗯,记得我在这趟旅行一开始时告诉过你的话吗?

K:Uh, you mean, Always be prepared?

凯西:呃,你是说:随时有备吗?

E:That's right. Gee, Kathy, it's kind of chilly. Let's head back to the hostel. Then we can have dinner, OK?

艾凡:没错。咦,凯西,有点冷了。咱们回旅社去吧。然后我们可以吃晚饭,好吗?

K:OK. And tonight it's my treat!

凯西:好的。今晚我请客!

E:That's the best idea you've had today!

艾凡:这是你今天所提的最好的主意!

精讲部分

1. All's well that ends well.善终为善。

2. embarrassed 感到尴尬的

3. misplace 置于一处而忘记

4. You bet I have.那还用说。

5. for one thing一来

6. keep a close eye on...紧盯着……

7. from now on从现在起

8. put away…收拾……

9. envy 羡慕 envious 羡慕的 be envious of...羡慕…

分享到
重点单词
  • embarrassedadj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的
  • enviousadj. 嫉妒的 adj. [古]好胜的,羡慕的
  • misplacevt. 错放,误给
  • organizedv. 组织