赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第43期:使用道路地图 Using a Road Map
日期:2013-09-10 14:45

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Using a Road Map

使用道路地图

After filling up with gas at the gas station, Kathy and Evan continue their drive from the Netherlands into Germany.

在加油站加满汽油后,凯西和艾凡继续从荷兰开车进入德国。

E:Did I get back on the main road?

艾凡:我有没有把车开回主要道路上?

This doesn't look like a highway.

这条道路看起来不太像是一条高速公路。

K:Uh-oh. Are we lost?

凯西:糟了。我们迷路了吗?

E:I don't know. Take the map of the Netherlands out of the glove compartment, and we'll take a look.

艾凡:我不知道。从前面的杂物柜中拿出荷兰的地图来看看吧。

I'll pull over here.

我把车停到路边。

K:Sure. Here.

凯西:好啊。挪,地图在这儿。

E:Let's see. We just passed this town here and we're heading east.

艾凡:我看看。我们刚刚经过这个城镇,现在正往东行驶。

K:How do you know that?

凯西:你怎么知道我们往东呢?

E:By the sun.

艾凡:根据太阳来判断。

K:Aw, come on. You can't really tell directions from the sun, can you?

凯西:噢,得了吧。你没办法完全靠太阳来判别方向吧,是不是?

E:And the time.

艾凡:还有时间。

So, if we go a little further down this road, we can hook up with the main highway going east into Germany.

所以,如果我们再继续开一小段路,就可以通到往东进入德国的主要高速公路上了。

K:Are you sure?

凯西:你确定吗?

E:As sure as shootin.

艾凡:非常确定。

Then we head for Bremen, then Hamburg, then Denmark.

然后我们开往不来梅,接下去是汉堡市,然后进入丹麦。

We'll be in Hamburg by nightfall.

在入夜时,我们会到汉堡市。

We can stay in a motel overnight, then continue on to Copenhagen tomorrow.

我们可以在一家汽车旅馆过夜,然后明天再继续出发到哥本哈根。

How does lunch tomorrow in Copenhagen sound?

明天中午在哥本哈根用餐,你觉得怎么样呢?

K:Fantastic!

凯西:太棒了!

精讲部分

1. fill up with 加满…

例:We filled the buckets up with water and then benan to wash the floors.

我们把水桶装满水后便开始清洗地板。

2. be lost 迷路

例:When we drove past the same big old tree for the third time,We realiZed We were lost.

在我们第三次开车经过同一棵高大的老树书寸,我们知道我们迷路厂。

3. glove compartment 杂物柜

compartment 分隔间

4. pull over 把车子停靠在路边

例:As soon as Brenda heard the ambulance siren,she pulled over to the side of the road.

布伦达一听到救护车的警报声就将车子停靠在路边。

5. Bremen 不来梅

6. Hamburg 汉堡市

7. Copenhagen 哥本哈根

分享到
重点单词
  • hookn. 钩状物,勾拳,钩 v. 钩住,弯成(钩装),当妓女
  • overnightn. 前晚 adj. 通宵的,晚上的,前夜的 adv.
  • headingn. 标题,题目,航向 动词head的现在分词
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的
  • sirenn. 汽笛,警报器 n. [希神]塞壬(半鸟半女人的怪物