赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第58期:令人不悦的意外 Unpleasant Surprise
日期:2013-10-10 16:40

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Unpleasant Surprise

令人不悦的意外

Back at the hostel, Kathy makes an unpleasant discovery.

凯西回旅社后发现了一件令人不悦的事。

K:Would you hand me my pocketbook, please, Evan?

凯西:艾凡,麻烦你把我的钱包拿给我,好吗?

E:Sure. Er, where is it?

艾凡:没问题。呃,在哪儿?

K:On the bed.

凯西:在床上。

E:No wonder I couldn't find it! It's buried under a mound of your clothes.

艾凡:难怪我找不到!原来是埋在你一大堆衣服底下。

K:OK, OK. I get the hint. I should hang up my clothes in the closet. You sound just like my mother.

凯西:好啦,好啦。我听懂你的暗示了。我应该把我的衣服挂在衣橱里。你说话的语气就像我老妈。

E:I just think you could be a little neater; that's all. Anyway, here's your pocketbook.

艾凡:我只是认为你可以更有条理些,如此而已。不管怎样,这是你的钱包。

K:I want to check through my things. We'll be going back to New York soon, and I want to make sure I've got everything.

凯西:我想检查一下我的东西。我们马上就要回纽约了,我想确定每样东西都在。

E:That's a good idea. I'll check my wallet, too.

艾凡:主意不错。我也来检查我的皮夹子。

K:Gee, it was here a few days ago.

凯西:咦,它前几天还在这儿的。

E:Is anything missing?

艾凡:有东西不见了吗?

K:I must have put it in something else.

凯西:我一定把它放到别的东西里面去了。

E:What's missing?

艾凡:什么东西不见了?

K:I can't find my passport!

凯西:我找不到我的护照!

E:Oh, no! This is really bad. What are we going to do?

艾凡:哦,糟了!这下可惨了。我们要怎么办呢?

K:Well, let's not panic. If it doesn't show up, we'll have to go to the American Embassy.

凯西:嗯,咱们不要惊慌。如果找不到的话,就只好到美国大使馆去了。

精讲部分

1. make a discovery有了一项发现

2. mound 堆

a mound of...一堆……

3. hint 暗示

4. neat 整洁的;有条理的

5. missing 不见的;走失的

6. panic 惊慌

be in a panic 惊慌中

7. the American Embassy 美国大使馆

embassy 大使馆

分享到
重点单词
  • unpleasantadj. 使人不愉快的,讨厌的
  • panicn. 恐慌 adj. 惊慌的 vt. 使 ... 惊慌
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • walletn. 皮夹,钱包
  • hintn. 暗示 v. 暗示,示意