赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第56期:Old Town 旧城
日期:2013-10-08 16:01

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Old Town

旧城

After consulting their guidebook, Kathy and Evan decide to visit Old Town, the oldest section of Stockholm.

凯西和艾凡查阅旅游指南后,决定去参观斯德哥尔摩最老旧的城区─旧城。

E:This is right up my alley. A whole medieval town in its original condition.

艾凡:这正合我的胃口。一整座原始风貌的中古城镇。

K:Leave it to you to get off on ancient buildings. Me? I like the modern world better.

凯西:只有你才会喜欢那些古老的建筑。我呢?我比较喜欢现代化的世界。

E:Come on, Kathy. You know I like the modern world, too,

艾凡:拜托,凯西。你知道我也喜欢现代化的世界,

but I really appreciate knowing how people used to live and what their lives were like.

但是我也很想知道古时候的人如何过日子,他们的生活情形是什么样子。

K:I have to admit that I'm a little interested in it, too. This Old Town is very well kept up.

凯西:我得承认我也有点儿感兴趣。这座旧城保存得很好。

E:It's protected against development by the Swedish government.

艾凡:这区在瑞典政府保护下是不准开发的。

K:And yet some parts of downtown look so space-age new.

凯西:但有些在市区的部分看起来却极为新潮。

E:See? You can have your cake and eat it, too!

艾凡:懂了吧?鱼与熊掌是可以兼得的!

K:Ha ha! Yeah. Anyway, what's that building?

凯西:哈哈!没错。不管怎样,那栋建筑物是什么?

E:That's their House of Lords.

艾凡:那是他们的上议院。

K:And that one?

凯西:那么那栋呢?

E:That's the Royal Palace. Quite a building, isn't it?

艾凡:那是皇宫。很了得的建筑物,不是吗?

K:I'll say. Can we go see it?

凯西:我同意。我们可以去参观吗?

E:Sure. But we need more time. We'll have dinner here in Old Town and come back tomorrow to see the Royal Palace.

艾凡:当然可以。但是我们需要多一点时间才行。我们在旧城这里吃晚餐,明天再回来参观皇宫。

精讲部分

1 .consul 此查阅

2. section 地区,区域

3. be ( right) up one's alley(正)合某人的口味;完全适合某人

4. medieval 中世纪的

5. Leave it to sb to 只有某人才会…

6. Leave it to you to get off on ancient buildings.

分享到
重点单词
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • consuln. 领事,(古罗马)执行官员,(1799年至1804年
  • originaladj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的 n. 原件
  • medievaladj. 中世纪的