赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第54期:身体不适 Under the Weather
日期:2013-09-29 14:53

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Under the Weather

身体不适

Evan complains of not feeling well.

艾凡说他不舒服。

K:Evan, are you OK? You've hardly eaten anything for lunch.

凯西:艾凡,你还好吧?你午餐几乎没吃什么。

E:I guess I'm not very hungry.

艾凡:我想我不大饿。

K:What? You!? You've been eating like a bear the whole trip. Is something the matter?

凯西:什么?你!?这整趟旅行你都吃很多。有什么问题吗?

E:I don't know. I feel kind of slow. I mean, I don't feel well. Something's wrong.

艾凡:我不知道。我觉得不怎么有精神。我的意思是我不大舒服。有点不对劲。

K:Is it your stomach? Do you have a headache? A fever?

凯西:是你的胃吗?头会痛吗?有没有发烧?

E:I don't think so. I just feel kind of tired.

艾凡:我想没有。我只是觉得有点累罢了。

K:Do you want to see a doctor?

凯西:你想去看医生吗?

E:Maybe I just need some more rest.

艾凡:也许我只需要多休息。

We've been traveling and moving about for a month straight now.

到目前为止,我们已经连续旅行奔波一个月了。

K:Well, yes, that's true, but I don't feel sick. Come on.

凯西:嗯,是的,这倒是实话,但是我没有觉得不舒服啊。走吧,

I think we should see a doctor. I'll ask the lady in the hostel to recommend one for us.

我想我们应该去看医生。我会请旅社的那位女士为我们推荐一个医师。

E:No, it's not that bad. I'll tell you what. Let's go home, and I'll go right to bed.

艾凡:不用啦,没那么严重。我告诉你吧。咱们回家,然后我直接上床睡觉。

If I still don't feel well in the morning, I promise you I'll go see a doctor.

如果明天早上我还是觉得不舒服的话,我答应你我会去看医生的。

K:That's a deal. In the meantime, while you're sleeping, I'll go to a neighborhood drugstore and pick up a few things.

凯西:就这么说定了。在你睡觉的同时,我会到附近的一家药房买些东西。

E:Gee, thanks.

艾凡:嗯,谢谢你。

K:Thanks? You don't have to thank me. Come on. Get your coat on. I'll take care of the bill. Waiter!

凯西:谢谢?你不用谢我。来,把外套穿上。我来付帐。服务生!

精讲部分

1. under the weather 身体不适

2. eat like a bear吃得跟熊一样多,吃得很多

3 .You've been eating like a bear the whole trip.

=You've been eating a lot thoughout the whole trip

这整趟旅行你都吃得很多。

4. headache 头痛

5. recommend 推荐;建议

6. That's a deal. 就这么说定

分享到
重点单词
  • fevern. 发烧,发热,狂热 v. (使)发烧,(使)狂热
  • recommendvt. 建议,推荐,劝告 vt. 使成为可取,使受欢迎