(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Loading the Car
行李装车
Kathy and Evan leave the airport terminal.
凯西和艾凡离开机场航站。
E:Free at last! Now we're really in Europe.
艾凡:终于解脱了!现在我们真的在欧洲了。
K:I think I'm really going to like it here. The people have been so friendly already.
凯西:我想我会很喜欢这里的。目前为止我们遇到的人都很友善。
E:Well, first things first. I have to find our rental car.
艾凡:嗯,重要的事情必须先办。我得去找找我们租的车子。
Then I'll come back to pick you up. Just stay here with the baggage on the trolley.
然后再回来接你。你就待在这儿顾着手推车上的行李。
Evan leaves and returns ten minutes later.
艾凡离开,十分钟后他开着车回来。
K:What took you so long?
凯西:什么事情让你耽搁这么久呢?
E:I had a little trouble starting the car. I've never driven this kind before.
艾凡:我在发动车子时有点小困难。以前我没有开过这种车子。
Sorry. Anyway, let's put our stuff into the trunk.
对不起。不管怎样,咱们把东西放到后车箱吧。
K:You'll have to manage the two suitcases. I'll handle the carry-on stuff.
凯西:你拿这两件旅行箱,我拿这些随身行李。
E:Gee, the trunk is a little small. I think there will be just enough room for the two suitcases only.
艾凡:糟糕,后车箱有点小。我看只够放这两只旅行箱。
K:That's OK. We'll put the carry-ons in the back seat. I'll sit up front with you.
凯西:没关系。这些随身行李可以放在车后座。我和你坐前座。
E:Oh, no!
艾凡:哦,不!
K:What's wrong?
凯西:有什么问题吗?
E:If you sit up front, I'll have a frontseat backseat driver!
艾凡:如果你坐前座,那岂不是遥控指挥变成近控指挥了!
K:So funny I forgot to laugh.
凯西:好好笑哦,我都忘了要笑呢。
精讲部分
1.terminal (铁路、飞机、公车等的)终/起点;总站
例:Airport, train,and bus terminals are always erowded with travelers coming and going.
(杉L场航站、火车和公交车总站总是挤满来来去去的旅客。)
2. First things first.重要的事情必须先办。
例:A:Fell,we finally arrived at our camp site. Let’、go fishing!
B:Not so fast!FiT'st things first. We have to unpack and ,itch ouT' tent.
(甲:吐,我们终于到露营地厂。日自们去钓鱼吧!)
(乙:不要那么快!重要的事情必须先办。我们得卸下行李和搭帐篷。)
3.trolley 手推车
4.have trouble+doing从事 …很难,做……很难
例I had trouble nunninn the new software .
(我不太会用这套新软件。)
5 .stuff物
6. sit up front with sb 和某人}h在车子前座
例:Usually I don' t like to sit in the front seat,but if you promise to drive sknvh-,I' 11 sit up front with vou.
(通常我不喜欢人卜在前座,但如果你答应慢慢开,我就和你人卜在前座。)