赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第68期:隔天早上 The Morning After
日期:2013-10-31 15:17

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

The Morning After

隔天早上

Evan wakes up to find Kathy concerned about him.

艾凡醒来发现凯西正替他担心。

K:Evan, wake up. I've already asked Mrs. Lindquist here at the hostel for a good doctor. He's just a few blocks away. Come with me. He's open already, and we're going to see him.

凯西:艾凡,醒醒。我已经问过这家旅社的林德奎斯特太太请她推荐一个好医生。他就住在几个街区外的地方。我带你去。他已经开始看病了,我们这就去找他看病。

E:Huh? How do you know how I feel?

艾凡:呃?你怎么知道我舒不舒服呢?

K:Are you kidding? I didn't sleep a wink last night.

凯西:你在开玩笑?我昨晚一夜都没瞌过眼。

E:Why not?

艾凡:为什么呢?

K:Between your moaning and snoring, you kept me up all night.

凯西:整晚你一会儿呻吟一会儿打呼,使我一直睡不着。

E:Gee, I'm sorry.

艾凡:哦,我很抱歉。

K:Don't worry about it. Get dressed. Do you want to have breakfast?

凯西:不用担心。把衣服穿好。你想吃早餐吗?

E:No, I'm still not hungry.

艾凡:不,我仍然不饿。

K:That's what I figured. You look awful.

凯西:我就知道。你看起来真糟。

E:Gee, thanks!

艾凡:嗯,谢谢你了!

K:Oh, sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I just meant you really do look sick.

凯西:喔,对不起。我不是那个意思。我的意思是说你真的一脸病容。

E:I know, I know. OK. Let me put my clothes on. I have to use the bathroom.

艾凡:我知道,我知道。好吧,让我穿好衣服。我必须用一下浴室。

K:I've already had breakfast and cleaned up. It's all yours.

凯西:我已经吃完早餐也漱洗完毕。浴室任你使用。

E:Fine. I'll be out in a minute; then we can go see the doctor.

艾凡:好。我马上就出来,然后我们可以去看那位医生。

精讲部分

1.wink 眨眼,使眼神,递眼色

2.moan 呻吟

3.snore 打呼

4.keep sb up all night 使某人整晚睡不着

5.That' s what I figured.我就知道

分享到
重点单词
  • winkn. 眨眼,使眼色,瞬间 v. 眨眼,使眼色,闪烁
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的
  • moann. 呻吟声,悲叹声,抱怨声 v. 抱怨,呻吟 vi.