赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第59期:寻找避雨处 Seeking Shelter
日期:2013-10-11 15:40

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Seeking Shelter

寻找避雨处

Kathy and Evan, soaking wet, finally find the old wooden hut in the woods.

全身湿透的凯西和艾凡终于找到树林里的那间老旧的小木屋。

K:Oh, Evan! I'm sorry. You're soaked to the skin.

凯西:哦,艾凡!我很抱歉。你全身都湿透了。

E:So are you. We're lucky to find this old hut even as run-down as it is.

艾凡:妳也是。这间老旧的小木屋虽然很破烂,但是能找到它我们也算很幸运了。

K:It's leaking like mad, but it's better than nothing.

凯西:虽然它漏水漏得很严重,但是总比没有的好。

E:Uh-oh! Did you see that?

艾凡:糟了!你看到了吗?

K:How could I miss it? That bolt of lightning must have hit very near here.A huge crash of thunder follows.

凯西:我怎么会看不到呢?那道闪电一定就打在这附近。一声巨雷随后响起。

K:Aah! Oh, Evan, that was so close! I'm afraid.

凯西:啊!哦,艾凡,这雷声好近啊!我好怕。

E:Don't worry, Kathy. We'll be fine here.

艾凡:凯西,不要担心。我们在这里会很安全的。

Another flash.The storm must be coming our way.

又一道闪电暴风雨一定是朝着我们的方向来的。

Another huge crash of thunder, followed by another bolt of lightning and a falling tree.)

又是一声响雷,接着又是一道闪电,一棵树木也应声倒地。

K:Oh! Evan, we'll get killed here! What can we do?

凯西:哦!艾凡,我们会死在这里的!怎么办呢?

E:Stay calm, Kathy. These storms last only a few minutes.

艾凡:保持镇静,凯西。这种暴风雨只持续几分钟而已。

K:I'll never take another dark cloud for granted.

凯西:我再也不会无视乌云的存在了。

E:I guess Mother Nature has taught you a lesson today.

艾凡:我想大自然今天给了你一次教训。

K:I'll say! The next time I see clouds like these, I'll run for shelter.

凯西:我同意!下次我看到像这样的乌云时,会赶快跑去找地方躲雨。

精讲部分

1. shelter 庇护,保护

take shelter躲避

nun for shelter跑去寻找庇护

2. soaking wet全身湿透的

3. be soaked to the skin全身湿透的

=be soaking wet

4. run-down 破旧的

5 . leak 漏水

6. like mad疯狂地,拼命地

7. It's better than nothing 总比没有的好。

8. a bolt of lightning一道闪电

分享到
重点单词
  • leakn. 漏洞 v. 漏,渗
  • soakedadj. 湿透的 动词soak的过去式和过去分词
  • sheltern. 庇护所,避难所,庇护 v. 庇护,保护,隐匿
  • lightningn. 闪电 adj. 闪电般的,快速的 vi. 打闪
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • boltn. 螺栓,插销,门闩 v. 闩住,插销,(突然)逃离,