赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第64期:迷路了! Getting Lost!
日期:2013-10-25 14:23

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Getting Lost!

迷路了!

As darkness falls, Kathy and Evan find themselves lost.

天色渐渐暗了下来,凯西和艾凡发现他们迷路了。

K:This doesn't look like the highway, does it?

凯西:这条路看起来不像是高速公路,像吗?

E:It sure doesn't. I hate to admit it, but I think I got us lost again.

艾凡:确实不像。虽然我不想承认,不过我想我又搞得我们迷路了。

K:Don't worry. I'll take out the map from the glove compartment and take a look...Uh, where are we?

凯西:别担心。我把地图从杂物柜里拿出来看一下……嗯,我们在哪里?

E:Somewhere on the road to Bremen, I think.

艾凡:我想我们在往不来梅路上的某个地方。

K:Maybe we'd better find a gas station again.

凯西:也许我们最好再找一家加油站。

E:There doesn't seem to be anything on this road except farm houses. And I don't see any signs, either.

艾凡:这条路上除了农舍外似乎没有别的东西了。而且,我也看不到任何路标。

K:What should we do?

凯西:我们该怎么办呢?

E:I'll keep driving ahead. We would lose a lot of time if we backtracked.

艾凡:继续往前开啰。如果我们倒回头往原路开的话,会损失许多时间。

K:I trust you. I certainly don't know how to get us to Bremen.

凯西:我信任你。我真的不知道该怎么做我们才能到达不来梅。

E:I have an idea. There's a restaurant up ahead. I'll get out and find someone who speaks English and ask for directions.

艾凡:我有个主意了。前头就有家餐馆。我会下车找个会说英语的人问路。

K:I hope you can. Neither of us speaks German!

凯西:我希望你找得到。我们两个人都不会讲德语!

精讲部分

1.admit 承认

2.take a look at...看一下…

3.backtrack 原路退回

4.ask for directions 问路

5.Neither of 两者都不…

分享到