赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第66期:检查车辆 Checking the Car
日期:2013-10-29 15:34

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Checking the Car

检查车辆

Kathy and Evan are inside the customs building.

凯西和艾凡在海关大楼里面。

K:Gee, do you think there's any problem?

凯西:咦,你想有任何问题吗?

E:I hope not! We're not doing anything wrong. She said our papers are in order, and we're not carrying any contraband. I guess she meant what she said. They're just doing a random search.

艾凡:希望没有!我们没有做错任何事。她说我们的文件都没问题,况且我们也没有携带任何违禁品。我猜她说话算话,他们只是在做一项抽查而已。

K:I don't see anyone else's car being pulled over.

凯西:我没有看到其它人的车子被拦下来。

E:Well, we'll find out soon enough. Hey, look, Kathy! There are two officers looking through our car.

艾凡:嗯,我们很快就会知道了。嘿,凯西,瞧!有两名海关官员在检查我们的车子。

K:Are they looking in our suitcases?

凯西:他们是不是在检查我们的行李箱?

E:No, just the car. One is looking under the hood, and the other one is looking in the trunk.

艾凡:没有,只检查车子。一名海关官员检查引擎罩下面,而另外一名官员则检查后车箱。

K:Maybe they're searching for drugs. A lot of young people use drugs these days. We're from the States. Maybe they think we're drug dealers.

凯西:也许他们在搜查毒品。时下有许多年轻人嗑药。我们是美国人。也许他们认为我们是毒贩。

E:Do we look like drug dealers?

艾凡:我们看起来像是毒贩吗?

K:Who knows? Maybe they're just being careful. How long do you think they'll take?

凯西:谁知道呢?他们也许只是小心罢了。你认为他们会花多久的时间呢?

E:She said about 10 minutes. Oh, look! Now one of the officers is leaving. The other one is looking under the seats.

艾凡:她说大概十分钟左右。哦,瞧!有一名官员现在走开了。另外那个在检查车椅下面。

K:Gee, this is kind of scary.

凯西:天啊,这真有点吓人。

E:We didn't do anything wrong, so we have nothing to fear.

艾凡:我们没有做错任何事,所以没有什么好怕的。

K:Yeah, you're right. Denmark is a civilized country. We have nothing to fear.

凯西:是啊,你说的对。丹麦是一个文明国家。我们没有什么好怕的。

精讲部分

1.I hope not.我希望没有

2.be in order 合乎程序,没问题

3.contraband 违禁品

4.hood 引擎罩

5.drug dealer 毒贩;走私毒品者

分享到
重点单词
  • dealern. 商人,经销商,发牌者,毒品贩子
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • trunkn. 树干,躯干,干线, 象鼻,(汽车后部)行李箱 (复
  • randomadj. 随机的,随意的,任意的 adv. 随机地 n.