听电影《勇敢的心》学英语第39期:王妃劝降
日期:2012-08-16 10:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I will see the prisoner.
我要见犯人。  
We've got orders from the king...
国王有令。  
The king will be dead in a month.
国王快死了。  
Who do you think will rule this kingdom?
你想将由谁统治这王国?  
Now open this door.
快开门。  
Majesty.
陛下。  
Come on, filth. Up on your feet.
站起来,脏人。  
Stop it.
住手。  
Leave me.
退下。  
I said, leave me!
我说,退下!
Milady.
王妃殿下。  
Sire, I come to beg you...
大人,我来求你。
to confess all and swear allegiance to the king...
承认这一切,向国王宣誓效忠吧。
that he might show you mercy.
他会饶你的。
Will he show mercy to my country?
他会饶过苏格兰吗?
Mercy is to die quickly...
饶你就是让你快点死。
perhaps even live in a tower.
也许将你关在塔上。
In time, who knows what can happen...
假以时日,也许会有转机。
if you can only live?
只要你能活着?
If I swear to him...
若我向他宣誓。
then all that I am is dead already.
那样的我,等于早死了。
You will die. It will be awful.
你若死了,一切会更惨。
Every man dies.
所有人都会死。
Not every man really lives.
不是每个人都能活。

妙语佳句
1.rule
vi. 统治;管辖;裁定
n. 统治;规则
Tell my son about this, so not I but he will one day rule the world, just as I intended.
把这件事告诉我的儿子,尽管我没有成功,但是总有一天,他会完成我的心愿,统治世界。
2.filth
污秽;肮脏;猥亵;不洁
That is what we in India seem to believe. That poverty and filth go together.
我们在印度却一直这么认为,把贫穷和肮脏在一起视为理所当然。
3.show you mercy
饶恕你的
mercy
仁慈,宽容;怜悯;幸运;善行
But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
只是我的信实,和我的慈爱,要与他同在。 因我的名,他的角必被高举。
4.swear to sb
断言;向某某宣誓
I will wait as long as you like, but I swear to you that it would not have harmed me to see my daughter.
我懂,您担心情绪激动,您愿意我等多久我就等多久,但是我向您发誓,看看我的女儿对我是不会有害处的。
考考你
翻译:
1.你认为将由谁统治这王国?    
2.不是每个人都能活。
上期答案:
1.In your heart, you always knew what had to happen here.
2.Deny, and you must be purified by pain.

分享到
重点单词
  • mercyn. 怜悯,宽恕,仁慈,恩惠 adj. 仁慈的,宽
  • prisonern. 囚犯
  • hornn. 动物角,喇叭,触角,角状物,力量源泉
  • povertyn. 贫困,贫乏
  • allegiancen. 忠诚
  • faithfulnessn. 忠诚,诚实
  • intendedadj. 故意的,有意的;打算中的 n. 已订婚者 v.
  • confessv. 承认,告白,忏悔