听电影《勇敢的心》学英语第36期:靠梦想而活
日期:2012-08-14 08:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom.
失去了自由 什么也都不是了。
That's just a dream, William.
那只是梦想,威廉。
A dream? Just a...
梦想? 
then what have we been doing all this time?
我们所做的这一切算什么?
We've lived that dream.
我们靠这梦想而活。
Your dream isn't about freedom.
你的梦想不是自由。
It's about Murron.
是茉朗。
Your dream is to be a hero 'cause you think she sees you.
你想当英雄,认为她在看你。
I don't think she sees me. I know she does.
我知道她在看着我。
And your father sees you, too.
你的父亲也在看着你。
Jesus.
天啊。
Get up. Give us your hand.
起来,抓好了。
Shall I come with you?
要我跟你去吗?
No. I'll go alone.
不,我自己去。 
I'll see you after.
谈判完再见。  
Right.
好。  
Sooner rather than later, I hope.
希望愈早见愈好。  
He won't come.
他不会来。
He will.
会来的。
I know he will.
我知道他会来的。
Milord, he approaches!
大人,他来了!

妙语佳句
1.have been doing
现在完成进行时
will have been doing
将来完成进行时;将来完成进行
Take some time every day - every day -to examination what you have been doing in the light of feeling , rather than of intelligence .
每天,记住一定要每天,花点时间来检查一下,有哪些事情是根据自己的感觉做出的,而不是基于你思考的结果。
2.We've lived that dream.
我们靠这梦想而活。
live by
以…为生
live on
以...为食;靠...生活
They notice everything and live by their senses.
它们通过感觉来观察和生活。
3.Sooner rather than later
宜早不宜迟;愈早愈好
Some questions to discuss sooner rather than later: If we have kids, will one of us stay home?
早讨论比晚讨论要好:如果我们要孩子,我们中的一个能待在家里吗?
4.approach
n. 方法;途径;接近
vt. 接近;着手处理
In the US, we like to take the "all or nothing" approach to weight loss.
在美国我们喜欢采用“全部都要或什么都不要”的方法去减肥。
考考你
翻译:
1.我们所做的这一切算什么?    
2.失去了自由,什么也都不是了。
上期答案:
1.An oath to a liar is no oath at all.
2.Some scarcely believe you're alive.

分享到
重点单词
  • liarn. 说谎者
  • oathn. 誓言,誓约,咒骂语
  • approachn. 接近; 途径,方法 v. 靠近,接近,动手处理
  • intelligencen. 理解力,智力 n. 情报,情报工作,情报机关