听电影《超完美男人》学英语第29期:寻找打开芳心的方法
日期:2012-08-04 10:01

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

It's a real specific kind of satisfaction, isn't it...
那真是一种特别的满足感,不是吗?
cooking for people?
为人们做菜?  
I'm only a baker, but I put as much creativity and passion...
虽然我只是一个面包师,但是我将我的创造力和激情赋予我的。
into my cakes as a painter puts on a canvas.
蛋糕中,就象画家将它们赋予画布中一样。
Granted, when all's said and done, all I've made is a cake.
同意,当一切都说了做了时,我所做的只不过是一只蛋糕。
But then again, you can't eat the Mona Lisa.
但是与此同时,你无法吃下蒙娜丽莎。
Waiting, the Passionate Baker.
等你,激情面包师。  
Dear Passionate Baker...
亲爱的激情面包师。
creativity and passion, huh?
创造力和激情,对吗?  
I'm starting to figure out what makes you tick.
我正在寻找打开你芳心的方法。  
And as for the Mona Lisa...
关于蒙娜丽莎。 
after a few thousand years...
几千年后。  
people are going to get tired of her smile.
人们会厌倦了她的微笑。  
But a good fudge brownie is eternal.
但是软糖核仁巧克力饼是永恒的。
Dear Brooklyn Boy...
亲爱的布鲁克林男孩。
I'm modest about some things, but not this.
我在有些方面比较谦虚,但这次却不。
I make the best fudge brownies on the planet.
我会做这个星球上最好吃的软糖核仁巧克力饼。
Well, it just so happens...
真是巧了。
I make the best homemade ice cream.
我会做最好吃的自制冰淇淋。
Ice cream and brownies.
冰淇淋和核仁巧克力饼。
Now that's a good combo. That's all I'm looking for.
那真是完美的结合。 那正是我所寻找的。
My own good combo.
我自己的完美结合。
Someone I can bring out the best in...
可以展现我最佳一面给他看的某人。
and someone that brings out the best in me.
以及可以展现最佳一面给我看的某人。

妙语佳句
1.I put as much creativity and passion into my cakes as a painter puts on a canvas.
我将我的创造力和激情赋予我的蛋糕中,就象画家将它们赋予画布中一样。
put into
使进入;把...放进;在……上种植
as much as
差不多;尽…那样多
We want to succeed and do well just as much as you want us to.
我们想要获得成功,我们想要尽量表现得好就像你想要的那样。
2.Passionate Baker
激情面包师
passionate
热情的;热烈的,激昂的;易怒的
I simply pursued it because I was passionate about it and loved the work.
我仅仅是简单的用我对这份工作的热情和热爱在追逐目标。
3.get tired of
厌烦;对…感到厌倦
However, even if all command lines were short and sweet, chances are you would still get tired of typing the same thing over and over again.
然而,即使所有的命令行都很短并且很简单,但您仍然有可能对反反复复地输入这些相同的内容而感到厌烦。
4.fudge brownies
软糖核仁巧克力饼;奶油朱古力方块
But mostly they want to move up the value chain, mixing and matching skills and advantages from all over the world.
但是大多数情况下,他们意欲提升他们的价值链,将来自于全球的技术与优势融合在一起。
5.bring out in
使显示;使生气;说出
And what I find really funny is the immature behaviour they bring out in people.
我还发现一个非常好笑的现象,电话会议会令人们表现出不成熟行为。
考考你
翻译:
1.我正在寻找打开你芳心的方法。     
2.我会做这个星球上最好吃的软糖核仁巧克力饼。  
上期答案:
1.How are we ever going to get a stamp from China?
2.My mom only smiles once a month when the alimony check comes.

分享到
重点单词
  • planetn. 行星
  • immatureadj. 不成熟的
  • specificadj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的 n. 特效药,特性
  • creativityn. 创造力,创造
  • eternaladj. 永久的,永恒的 n. 永恒的事
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • commandn. 命令,指挥,控制 v. 命令,指挥,支配 n. [
  • stampn. 邮票,图章,印,跺脚 v. 跺脚,盖章
  • satisfactionn. 赔偿,满意,妥善处理,乐事,确信
  • modestadj. 谦虚的,适度的,端庄的