听电影《勇敢的心》学英语第21期:为百年来的杀人掳掠求恕
日期:2012-07-27 09:27

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Well, we didn't get dressed up for nothing.
我们不是没理由全副武装的。  
Mornay, Lochlan, Craig.
莫瑞,卢克兰,克格。  
Here are the king's terms.
这是国王的条件。  
Lead this army off the field.
将军队带离战场。  
and he will give you each estates in Yorkshire...
他会把约克郡的土地赐给你们。  
including hereditary title...
还包括世袭头衔。  
from which you will pay...
而你们所要付出的。  
from which you will pay him an annual duty.
只是给他年税。  
I have an offer for you.
我有个提议。  
Cheltham, this is William Wallace.
他是威廉华莱士。  
From which you will pay the king an annual duty...
你们要付给他年税。  
I said I have an offer for you.
我说我有个提议。  
You disrespect a banner of truce?
你对休战不敬。  
From his king? Absolutely.
对他的国王?绝对。  
Here are Scotland's terms...
苏格兰开的条件是。  
Lower your flags.
降下你们的旗子。  
and march straight back to England...
回你们的英格兰。  
stopping at every home you pass by...
每遇民舍就停下来。  
to beg forgiveness for 100 years of theft rape and murder.
为百年来的杀人掳掠求恕。  
Do that, and your men shall live.
这样做,你们就能活。  
Do it not, and every one of you will die today.
不做,你们今天全会死。  
You are outmatched.
你太嚣张了。  
You have no heavy cavalry.
你并没有重装骑兵。
In two centuries, no army has won...
两世纪来,没有军队能打赢。  
I'm not finished!
我还没说完。  
Before we let you leave...
在让你们离开前。  
your commander must cross that field...
你们统领必须穿过战场。  
present himself before this army...
站在这军队前。  
put his head between his legs...
将他的头夹在大腿里。  
and kiss his own arse.
亲屁股。

妙语佳句
1.lead off
开始
例如:
Sometimes one or more lanes may lead off the freeway.
有时沿一条或多条车道可以驶离高速公路。
2.Yorkshire
约克郡(英格兰东北的一郡)
3.hereditary title
世袭头衔;世禄
例如:
Although the hereditary title system completely withdraws from the historical arena and is transforms the feudatory to eat the feud.
尽管如此,世禄制并未完全退出历史舞台,而是蜕变成封君食邑制。
4.pass by
经过;走过;逝去
例如:
But the young Prince did pass by our door, and I flung the jewel from my breast before his path.
但是那年轻的王子曾经从我们门前走过,我也曾经把我胸前的珍宝丢在他走来的路上了。
5.theft rape and murder
杀人掳掠
6.outmatch
胜过;优于;凌驾于。文中表示"嚣张"的意思。
例如:
Her passion for winning a point seemed outmatched by an even stronger passion for maintaining her beauty as it was .
一股想永葆她青春之美的强烈欲望似乎压倒了她每分必争的热情。
考考你
翻译:
1.我们不是没理由全副武装的。    
2.为百年来的杀人掳掠求恕。     
上期答案:
1.Would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that.
2.I think we should deliver the king's terms.

分享到
重点单词
  • trucen. 休战,(争执,烦恼等的)缓和 v. 以停战结束
  • bannern. 旗帜,横幅,大标题 adj. 特别好的,杰出的 v
  • cavalryn. 骑兵
  • feudn. 长期不和,争执 n. 封地 v. 长期斗争,结世仇
  • disrespectn. 不敬,无礼 vt. 不尊敬
  • passionn. 激情,酷爱
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • hereditaryadj. 世袭的,遗传的
  • arenan. 竞技场
  • commandern. 司令官,指挥官