听电影《勇敢的心》学英语第27期:被劝撤退进攻
日期:2012-08-02 08:52

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Hamilton, leave us.
汉默顿,退下。  
Milady...
王妃。  
Leave us.Now.
退下,走。  
Let us talk plainly.
我们坦白的说。  
but you cannot complete the conquest.
但你因缺粮补给无法完成远征。  
The king desires peace.
国王希望和平。  
Longshanks desires peace?
长腿渴望和平?  
He declares it to me. I swear it.
他跟我说的,我发誓。  
He proposes that you withdraw your attack.
他提议,你撤退进攻。  
In return, he grants you title, estates.
为回报你,他赐你头衔、土地。  
and this chest of gold, which I am to pay to you personally.
我私人会给你黄金。  
A lordship and titles...
皇族、头衔。  
gold...
黄金。  
that I should become Judas?
那我就成了大叛徒? 
Peace is made in such ways.
和平是这样产生的。  
Slaves are made in such ways.
奴隶才是这样产生的!  
The last time Longshanks spoke of peace.
长腿上回提和平时。  
and many Scottish nobles.
许多不愿为奴的贵族都受他诱。  
were lured by him, under a flag of truce.
都受他诱,在休战旗下。  
to a barn... where he had them hanged.
到谷仓聚会,他却在那儿吊死他们。  
but I remember Longshanks'notion of peace.
但我记得长腿提到和平。  
I understand you have suffered.
我明白你所受的苦痛。  
I know... about your woman.
我知道,你女人的事。  
She was my wife.
她是我妻子。  
We married in secret.
我们秘密成婚。  
because I would not share her with an English lord.
因为我不愿与英格兰地主分享她。  
They killed her...to get to me.
他们杀她来诱捉我。

妙语佳句
1.plainly
明白地;坦率地;平坦地;朴素地
I declined: telling him plainly that his strange talk and manner frightened me, and I had neither the nerve nor the will to be his companion alone.
我拒绝了;明白地告诉他,他那奇怪的谈话和态度让我害怕,我没有那份胆量,也没有那份心意来单独跟他作伴。
2.withdraw attack
撤退进攻
withdraw
撤退;收回;撤消;拉开
Some instead think the US should withdraw all of its military forces over the next year.
而另一些人认为,美国应该在今后一年内将所有部队撤出阿富汗。
3.lure
诱惑;饵;诱惑物
She never hold out on the lure of money to do something they wanted.
她从未因为金钱的诱惑而做出他们想让她做的事情。
4.a flag of truce
休战旗
truce
停战;休战;休战协定
The rockets fired from Lebanon this week were a reminder, if one were needed, that the 2006 war ended in a truce not a peace.
本周从黎巴嫩发射的火箭就是个提醒,假如需要提醒的话,提醒我们2006年的战争结束不过是休战,而非和平。
考考你
翻译:
1.我明白你所受的苦痛。     
2.因为我不愿与英格兰地主分享她。
上期答案:
1.I come as the king's servant and with his authority.
2.God makes men what they are.

分享到
重点单词
  • militaryadj. 军事的 n. 军队
  • frightenedadj. 受惊的,受恐吓的
  • remindern. 提醒物,提示
  • trucen. 休战,(争执,烦恼等的)缓和 v. 以停战结束
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • withdrawvt. 撤回,取回,撤退 vi. 退回,撤退,走开
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • companionn. 同伴,同事,成对物品之一,(船的)甲板间扶梯(或扶
  • authorityn. 权力,权威,职权,官方,当局
  • flagn. 旗,旗帜,信号旗 vt. (以旗子)标出 v. 无