听电影《勇敢的心》学英语第17期:来此为你作战
日期:2012-07-23 09:23

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Volunteers coming in!
志愿军到了。  
William Wallace.
威廉华莱士。  
we've come to fight and to die for you.
我们来此为你作战。  
Stand up, man. I'm not the pope.
站起来,我不是教皇。  
My name is Faudron. My sword is yours.
我叫佛庄,我的剑听候差遣。  
I brought you this.
我还带给你这个。  
We checked them for arms.
我们已搜过身。  
I brought you this.
我还带给你这个。  
My wife made it for you.
我太太做的。  
Thank you.
谢谢。  
Him? That can't be William Wallace.
他?他不可能是威廉华莱士。  
I'm prettier than this man.
我比他帅多了。  
All right, Father.I'll ask him.
好的,父亲,我来问他。  
If I risk my neck for you.
若我为你卖命。  
will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?
我有机会杀英格兰人吗?  
Is your father a ghost.
你的父亲是鬼?  
or do you converse with the Almighty?
还是你能与万能天父交谈。  
To find his equal, an Irishman talks to God.
去查明爱尔兰对手,与天主交谈。  
The Almighty says don't change the subject.
万能天父回答说别换话题。  
Just answer the fucking question.
快回答他娘的问题。  
Insane Irish.
狂傲的爱尔兰人。  
Mind your tongue.
注意你的嘴巴。  
Smart enough to get a dagger past your guards, old man.
能聪明的带匕首避过守卫。  
That's my friend, Irishman.
他是我朋友,爱尔兰人。  
and the answer to your question is yes.
答覆你的问题是同意。  
You fight for me, you get to kill the English.
为我作战,可以杀英格兰人。

妙语佳句
1.pope
教皇,罗马教皇;权威,大师
例如:
He was the first pope to visit the White House.
他是访问白宫的第一位教皇。
2.risk one's neck for
冒着危险为某某卖命(效力、做事)
例如:
A robot must risk his neck for his brother man, and may not cop out when there's danger all about.
在任何危险情况下,机器人必须为他的人类兄弟赴汤蹈火,在所不辞。
3.converse with
与...谈心;与...交谈
例如:
You will be able to converse with your desktop eventually - through a conversational agent interface.
最终将能够和你的桌面进行交谈-通过一个交谈代理界面。
4.almighty
adj. 全能的;有无限权力的
n. 全能的神;天父
例如:
No matter what happens we need to keep our faith and trust in almighty God.
不管发生什么事我们都应当坚持信仰并继续信任全能的上帝。
5.sword
刀,剑;武力,战争
例如:
Because we communicated well, he gave his favorite sword to me.
因为我们交流得很好,他把他心爱的剑赠送给了我。
考考你
翻译:
1.我们来此为你作战。  
2.若我为你卖命,我有机会杀英格兰人吗?       
上期答案:
1.But history is written by those who have hanged heroes.
2.Uncompromising men are easy to admire.

分享到
重点单词
  • daggern. 短剑,匕首 [印]剑号
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • conversen. 相反的事物,倒,逆向 adj. 相反的,逆向的,倒
  • swordn. 剑,刀
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的