听电影《勇敢的心》学英语第32期:血流成河
日期:2012-08-06 10:11

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Son...
儿子。
we must have alliance with England.
我们必须联合英格兰。
You achieved that.
做到这点。
You saved your family...
你就保住了自己的。
increased your land.
增加了你的土地。
In time, you will have all the power in Scotland.
假以时日,在苏格兰就有权。
Lands, titles, men, power... nothing.
土地,头衔,人民,权力,对我都已无意义
Nothing?
无意义?
because if they do not, I throw them off my land.
若不如此,我就驱逐他们。
and I starve their wives and their children.
让他们的家庭受饥。  
Those men who bled the ground red at Falkirk...
那些人在福克血流成河。  
they fought for William Wallace...
他们为威廉华莱士而战。  
and he fights for something that I've never had.
他为我从未有过的自由而战。  
And I took it from him when I betrayed him...
我背叛他,夺去他的自由。  
and I saw it in his face on the battlefield...
我在战场上看到他的表情。  
and it's tearing me apart!
让我无地自容!  
Well, all men betray, all lose heart.
人都会背叛的,都会心如死灰的。  
I don't want to lose heart!
我不想的!  
I want to believe...as he does.
我想要相信,他的所为。
I will never be on the wrong side again.
我不要再投错边。

妙语佳句
1.alliance
联盟,联合;联姻
In view of your prospective alliance with the family I should like to consult you-to consider the case with you-before taking any farther steps.
考虑到你将要与这个家庭联姻,我愿在采取进一步行动之前,先找你咨询一下——与你商量商量这件案子。
2.throw sb off
摆脱某人;驱逐某人
throw sb off balance
使某人失去平衡
3.betray
背叛;出卖;泄露(秘密);露出…迹象
Only they will not abandon me, only they will not betray.
只有它们不会遗弃我,只有它们不会背叛。
4.on the battlefield
在战场上
Socrates sleeps by him during the war, becomes enamored with him and saves him on the battlefield.
在战争期间苏格拉底就睡在他的旁边,并在战场上救了他。
5.bled the ground red
血流成河
考考你
翻译:
1.那些人在福克血流成河。   
2.我背叛他,夺去他的自由。  
上期答案:
1.You and you alone can rule Scotland.
2.My scouts tell me their archers are miles away.

分享到
重点单词
  • enamoredadj. 迷恋的;倾心的 v. 迷住,使迷恋(enamo
  • betrayvt. 误导,出卖,背叛,泄露 vi. 证明 ... 错
  • consultv. 商讨,向 ... 请教,查阅
  • starvevi. 挨饿,受饿,(将要)饿死 vt. 使挨饿,使饿死
  • abandonv. 放弃,遗弃,沉溺 n. 放纵