听电影《勇敢的心》学英语第30期:团结就能胜利
日期:2012-08-04 20:30

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Don't you wish at least to lead your men...
你难道不想带领军队。  
onto the field.
上战场。  
and barter a better deal with Longshanks.
与长腿争取更好的条件。  
Sire William...
威廉爵士。
We can't defeat this army!
我们打不过他们。  
We can!
我们能。  
And we will!
我们也会。  
We won at Stirling...and still you quibble!
我们在史特灵一战大捷,而你们仍在发谬论。  
We won at York, and you would not support us.
我们大胜约克,你们也没支援。  
If you'll not stand up with us now...
若现在不并肩作战。  
then I say you're cowards.
就是懦夫。  
And if you're Scotsmen...
你们若是苏格兰人。  
I'm ashamed to call myself one.
我为自己感到可耻。  
Please, Sire William, speak with me alone.
威廉爵士,请与我单独谈一谈。  
I beg you.
我求你。  
Now, you've achieved more than anyone ever dreamed...
你的成就远超过别人所梦想的。  
but fighting these odds...
但为这些而战。  
it looks like rage, not courage.
就像是泄愤,而非勇气。  
It's well beyond rage.
我的情绪远超过愤怒。  
Help me.
帮助我。 
In the name of Christ, help yourselves!
以上天之名,帮助你自己吧。  
Now is our chance. Now.
这是我们的机会。  
If we join, we can win.
团结就能胜利。  
If we win, we'll have what none of us ever had before...
胜利将会带来前所未有的。
a country of our own.
我们自己的国家。  
You're the rightful leader.
你是我国的领袖。
And there is strength in you, I see it.
我看到你身上的力量。

妙语佳句
1.barter
以…作为交换;拿…进行易货贸易
If you agree to our proposal of a barter trade, we'll give you paper in exchange for your timber.
假如你方同意我们进行易货贸易的建议,我们将用纸与你们交换木材。 
2.If you'll not stand up with us now...
若现在不并肩作战。
stand up with
给…当傧相;陪伴;在这里表示"与某某并肩作战"
Your sisters are engaged, and there is not another woman in the room whom it would not be a punishment to me to stand up with.
你的姐妹们都在跟别人跳,要是叫舞场里别的女人跟我跳,没有一个不叫我活受罪的。
3.coward
n. 懦夫,懦弱的人
adj. 胆小的,懦怯的
We are not cowards like you, we have the power of the people.
我们不是你们那样的懦夫,我们有人民的力量。
4.in the name of
以…的名义
We have sacrificed too many of these in the name of efficiency and productivity growth.
在追求效率和生产力增长的名义下,我们在这些方面已做出了太多的牺牲。
考考你
翻译:
1.胜利将会带来前所未有的。    
2.你难道不想带领军队上战场? 
上期答案:
1.That's what happens when you send a woman.
2.Why are the Irish fighting with the English?

分享到
重点单词
  • cowardn. 懦夫 adj. 胆小的 Coward n. 科沃德
  • exchangen. 交换,兑换,交易所 v. 交换,兑换,交易
  • efficiencyn. 效率,功率
  • ragen. 狂怒,大怒,狂暴,肆虐,风行 v. 大怒,怒斥,激
  • bartern. 物物交换,实物交易 v. 物物交换,交换
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • quibblen. 遁辞,谬论,双关话 v. 推托,说模棱两可的话,说
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • defeatn. 败北,挫败 vt. 战胜,击败
  • productivityn. 生产率,生产能力