听电影《勇敢的心》学英语第18期:作战还是谈判?
日期:2012-07-24 08:51

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Sure didn't the Almighty send me to watch your back?
万能天主派我来保护你。  
I didn't like him anyway.
我反正也不喜欢他。  
He wasn't right in the head.
他的头脑有问题。  
The English are advancing an army toward Stirling.
英格兰人派军朝向史特灵。  
Do the nobles rally?
贵族们有集合吗?  
Robert the Bruce and most of the others.
布鲁士及大多数人。  
will not commit to battle.
都不会参与。  
but word has spread.
但话已传开。  
and the Highlanders are coming down on their own.
高原武士也加入战局。  
In droves of hundreds and thousands.
有成百上千名战士。  
Are you ready for a war?
准备好作战了?
What news?
有何消息?  
We're outnumbered, at least three to one.
我们以寡击众,3比1。  
300. Maybe more.
三百匹,也许更多。  
How many horse?
有多少战马?  
300 heavy horse?
三百匹重装战马?  
Who's in command?
谁坐镇指挥? 
We must negotiate.
我们要与他们谈判。  
Did he have a scarlet chevron?
他有红色臂章吗?  
Aye, he did.
有的。  
We can still negotiate.
我们仍可谈判。  
What are they talking about?
他们在说什么?  
I can't hear, but it does not look good.
我听不到,但似乎不妙。  
The nobles will negotiate.
贵族要谈判。  
They'll do a deal.
他们如果谈判。  
then we go home.
我们就撤退。  
If not, we charge.
否则我们就进攻。

妙语佳句
1.watch your back
小心背后;保护
例如:
Always watch your back and keep a sense a humour so all three of you can laugh about it later.
始终要小心隔墙有耳,并保持幽默感,这样日后说不定你们三人还能拿这件事说笑。
2.commit to
交付,把…投入;把…置于
例如:
I suggest you commit yourself to God's five purposes for your life so that they will commit to that, too.
我建议你向上帝承诺给自己五个为了自己的生活的目的,这样他们也可以做同样的事。
3.outnumber
vt. 数目超过;比…多
例如:
Analysis of demographic data from 117 countries has shown that when men outnumber women, women have the upper hand: Marriage rates rise and fewer children are born outside marriage.
根据117国的人口统计数据分析得出,如果男性数量超过女性,女性会在两性关系中占据主动,结婚率上升,非婚生子数降低。
4.in command
领导
例如:
Obama was planning an appearance later in the week on Jay Leno's NBC talk show, perhaps to add a lighter touch to his efforts to show himself in command of efforts to resuscitate the economy.
奥巴马准备在本周晚些时候参加NBC电视台的杰·里诺脱口秀节目,也许他是想稍微显露一下他在政府为重振经济过程中所作出的努力中仍处于领导地位。
5.negotiate
谈判,商议;转让;越过
例如:
We tried to negotiate with them, but they refused.
我们试图与他们谈判, 但被他们拒绝。
考考你
翻译:
1.我们以寡击众,至少3比1。    
2.万能天主派我来保护你。      
上期答案:
1.we've come to fight and to die for you.
2.If I risk my neck for you,will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?

分享到
重点单词
  • demographicadj. 人口统计学的
  • analysisn. 分析,解析
  • spreadv. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒 n. 伸展,传
  • resuscitatevt. 使复活,使苏醒 vi. 恢复,苏醒
  • commandn. 命令,指挥,控制 v. 命令,指挥,支配 n. [
  • appearancen. 外表,外貌,出现,出场,露面
  • chevronn. 山形袖章,回文状雕饰,v形图案