听电影《勇敢的心》学英语第7期:宜人的夜晚
日期:2012-07-10 10:38

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Good evening,sin.
晚安,大人。
Ah, young Wallace.
你好,小华莱士。
Grand soft evening,huh?
很宜人的夜晚。
Aye, it's that.
的确是。
I was wondering if I might have a word with your daughter.
我能与您女儿聊天吗?
What do you want to have a word about?
聊什么?
Murron, would you like to come and ride with me.
茉朗,与我一同骑马?
In this? You're out of your mind.
在这?你疯了。
It's good Scottish weather, madame.
是苏格兰的好天气,夫人。
The rain is falling straight down.
小雨一直下着。
Well, slightly to the side, like.
轻飘飘地落在脸庞,喜欢这感觉。
She can't go with you.
她不能去。
No the now, anyway.
无论如何,现在不行。
No the now.
现在不行。
The weather's just fine. It's hardly raining.
天气还好,不会下雨。
No the now? We'll see you later.
现在不行?再见了。
Did you not hear what I said?
你没听到我说什么吗?
Murron! Get...Oh.
茉朗,她走了。
It's you she takes after.
她个性真像你。
How could you know me after so long?
你怎么认出我的?
Well, I didn't.
我没。
I saw you staring,and I didn't know who you were.
我看到你在看我,不知道是你。
I'm sorry.I suppose I was.
抱歉,我是在看你。
Are you in the habit of riding off in the rain with strangers?
你习惯跟陌生人在雨中骑马?
It was the best way to make you leave.
这是让你离开的好方法。

妙语佳句
1.I was wondering if I might have a word with your daughter.
我能与您女儿聊天吗?
此句是宾语从句,"wonder"后接"if..."从句,"if..."作"wonder"的宾语。
例如:
I was wondering how you feel about that?
我想知道你是怎么看待这个问题的?
Or, if you have an established network, you might already be struggling with these issues and wondering how to retrofit your network to accommodate classes of service.
或者,如果您有一个已建立的网络,您可能已经在努力解决这些问题,并且想知道如何改进网络以适应分类服务。
2.would you like to
你想要...吗?
常常表示希望得到肯定答复的询问语气。
例如:
Would you like to go shopping with me?
你愿意跟我一起去购物吗?
What would I like to change? In all of those areas you identified, what would you like to be different?
我想要改变的是什么?在你指出的全部那些范围内,有什么是你想要变得不同的?
3.out of mind
心不在焉;忘却;发狂
例如:
Out of sight, out of mind.
眼不见,心不想。(非“景色、想法” )
If so, will future promotions be sacrificed if you are "out of sight and out of mind" while you work from home?
如果是的话,那么,当你在家里工作“眼不见心不烦”的时候,你是否愿意牺牲未来可能的升职机会?
4.fall down
跌倒;失败;倒塌 文中表示"下雨"的意思。
例如:
All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind.
我们的一切字句,都是从心思的筵席上散落下来的残屑。
5.take after
与……相像
例如文中:It's you she takes after.
她个性真像你。
考考你:
翻译:
1.你习惯跟陌生人在雨中骑马?
2.这是让你离开的好方法。
上期答案:
1.Perhaps the time has come to reinstitute an old custom.
2.If we cart get them out, we'll breed them out.

分享到
重点单词
  • identifiedadj. 被识别的;经鉴定的;被认同者 v. 鉴定(id
  • establishedadj. 已被确认的,确定的,建立的,制定的 动词est
  • cartn. 手推车,(二轮)载货车 v. (用手推车)运送,(
  • accommodatevi. 使自己适应 vt. 使一致,和解;提供方便;容纳
  • networkn. 网络,网状物,网状系统 vt. (以网络)覆
  • slightlyadv. 些微地,苗条地
  • sinn. 原罪 v. 犯罪,违反(教规)