电影《致命伴旅》精讲第7期:对人最高的赞美
日期:2014-12-30 18:58

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文
QQ截图20141206183214.png

The, um, Skambian champagne risotto, please. - Excellent choice, excellent.

Skambian香槟 烩饭 谢谢 - 绝妙的选择 太妙了

He didn't say that to me Did he not like my choice?

他没夸我 觉得我选的不好?

Your choice was excellent.

你选的棒极了

Who is he?

是谁?

Hotels don't give gifts like that, do they? Who is he?

酒店可不送这样的礼物 那男人是谁?

He's someone they used to be very important to me - Used to?

是曾经对我很重要的人 - 曾经?

Are you meeting him in Venice?

你要在威尼斯见他吗?

I hope so.

希望如此

Part of me hopes I don't - Why?

也希望不是 - 为什么?

Because I don't like being told what to do. I don't like being "summoned".

因为我不喜欢被人指挥 不喜欢被"召唤"

But it felt even worse not hearing from him for two years.

但两年没他的消息感觉更糟

It's the Roman god, Janus.

这是罗马的杰纳斯神

My mother gave it to me when I was little.

很小的时候妈妈给我的

She wanted it to teach me that people have two sides; a good side, a bad side...

她告诉我人都有两面 好的和坏的...

Past and future

过去和未来

And that we must embrace both in someone we love.

爱一个人就要接受他的全部

And I tried...

我试过了...

What's he like?

他是什么样的人?

He's... different from anybody I know.

他...是我所遇到最与众不同的人

Different's good.

与众不同是好事

Where I come from the highest compliment... that you can offer a person...

在我们那儿 对人最高的赞美...

重点讲解

重点单词:

1、excellent

adj. 卓越的;极好的;杰出的

The recording quality is excellent.

录制质量极好。

2、compliment

n. 恭维;称赞;问候;致意;道贺

vt. 恭维;称赞

You can do no harm by paying a woman compliments.

对女人讲恭维话不会有什么害处。

3、embrace

vt. 拥抱;信奉,皈依;包含

vi. 拥抱

Penelope came forward and embraced her sister.

佩内洛普走上前来拥抱了她的妹妹。

重点短语:

1、use to

过去常常

What tool should I use to analyze it?

我应该使用什么工具来分析它?

2、hear from

收到…的信;受…的批评

Needless to say, that’s not what you hear from European policy makers.

毫无疑问,你从欧洲决策者当中不会听到这样的说法。

考考你(翻译):

1、他们演奏得都很棒。

2、他们每次见到我都就我的外貌恭维我。

3、开始时人们有点喜极而泣,互相拥抱。

答案下期公布:

上期答案:

1、You can disagree about them, and I personally do, but they are great ideas that have made people think.

2、Hamilton revealed his grand design for the economic future of the United States.

3、I know groups of trees that ravish the eye with their perfect , picture like effects.


分享到