(单词翻译:单击)
大家好,欢迎《Faith口语课堂-天天学》的新老学员们,我是Faith老师,很多人都说我是个“vibrant woman”,那么我究竟是怎样一个女人呢?什么是“vibrant woman”?请来今天的课堂寻找答案……
Vibrant: adj.振动的;颤动的,充满生气的;精力充沛的;兴奋的;(尤指颜色)鲜明的,醒目的
The leaves were vibrant in the breeze. 叶子在微风中抖动。
Faith, you're such a vibrant woman, how can you keep yourself energetic every day? Faith,你真是个充满活力的女人,你每天是怎么做到精力充沛的呢?
This is one of the most vibrant districts in Shanghai. 这里是上海最有活力的地区之一。
That color is too vibrant for this room. 对这个房间来说那种色彩太鲜了。
我的性格是很爽朗的,不喜欢说话时拐弯抹角,但有些人就很复杂,就喜欢beat about the bush(拐弯抹角)。
Beat about the bush: 不直截了当地说;旁敲侧击,东拉西扯
Get to the point. Don't beat about the bush. 说主题,不要拐弯抹角。
Instead of answering my question he began to beat about the bush. 他没有回答我的问题, 而是给我兜起圈子来了。
If you've got bad news, don't beat about the bush, just let me know. 如果是个坏消息,不要转弯抹角,告诉我吧。
He beat about the bush without coming to the point. 他转弯抹角就是不说正题。
Why should you beat about the bush when asking for a raise? 你要求加薪又何必拐弯抹角呢?
I'm in a hurry for a friend's wedding. You might as well come straight to the point, don't beat about the bush. Tell me, how much do you want? 我赶着去参加一个朋友的婚礼呢。你不妨直说吧,不要拐弯抹角。告诉我,你要多少钱?