(单词翻译:单击)
又是新的一天,新的一课。你好吗?欢迎来到我们这个快乐的英语大家庭,收听并学习《Faith口语课堂-天天学》,我是Faith老师。准备好了吗?开始上课。
今天,我们来谈谈恋爱,婚姻等大事。
be attracted to somebody 受某人吸引
I'm not attracted to you. 你一点也不吸引我。
I'm always attracted to guys who are hilarious. 我对风趣的男人有好感。
You're not attracted to her anymore, you've grown up. 她不在吸引你了,你已经长大了。
be on rain check 某事延期
My boyfriend's promise to take me to visit his parents has been on rain check for half a year. 我男朋友半年前就答应带我去见他的父母,到现在还没应充。
Jenny, how about we have a rain check, you know, I'm not ready to be fully committed to a marriage now. 珍丽,我们把婚事延期吧,你知道,我还没完全准备好对婚姻做出承诺。
see somebody 和某人交往/约会
Are you seeing anyone recently? 你最近有和谁在交往吗(男女朋友间的交往)
I'm seeing the guy I met on the subway. 我在和那个在地铁上遇见的男生约会。
谈到约会,想起了相亲:blind date, 相亲,相亲的对象
My wife and I first met on a blind date arranged by her sister. 我和我妻子初次会晤是由她姐姐安排的相亲。
Oh my God, my blind date turned out to be my best friend's ex-husband. 天呢,我的相亲对象竟然是我最好的朋友的前夫。
下面,谈谈结婚这事:
My girlfriend and I are taking the plunge. 我女朋友和我豁出去了。(我们鼓起勇气要结婚了。)
It was an arranged marriage, my husband and I didn’t marry for love. 这只是一宗包办婚姻,我丈夫和我没有爱情可言。
Will you marry for love? Or marry for money?