(单词翻译:单击)
好好学习,天天向上。大家好,欢迎《Faith口语课堂-天天学》的新老学员们,我是Faith老师,美好的一天从学英语开始。
Commuting 上班族通勤
以下是关于上班族通勤话题的一些具有典型性的连读句子,请注意每个句子中的连读发音。
a. Get⌒on⌒at the beginning⌒of the bus line, get⌒off⌒at the end.
在公共汽车始发站上车,在终点站下车。
At the beginning of the bus line: 在始发站
At the end of the bus line: 在终点站
b. I walk⌒about⌒a mile to the bus stop, just hop⌒on the bus.
我步行大约一英里来到公共汽车站,然后跳上公共车。
Bus stop: 公共汽车站
Hop on the bus: 跳上公共车
c. It's beautiful to walk⌒in the back bay and then⌒on Liven Street.
在海湾后边走走,然后走到里文街,这一切很美。
Back Bay: n. 海湾后边
d. Normally⌒I drive to the city, about six⌒and⌒a half miles by car⌒on⌒a highway.
一般情况下,我开车来到市区,在公路上开6英里半就到了。
Normally: adv. 通常
On a highway: 在公路上
e. Sometimes⌒I try to meditate, as well⌒as pay⌒attention to the road⌒and do some thinking.
有时候我试着冥思,同时还要注意着交通路面,想些问题。
Meditate: v. 冥思
Pay attention to: 注意
f. I walk to the station, I get⌒on the train, and⌒I go to the South station, and then walk⌒another five minutes to my school.
我步行到车站,坐火车到南站,然后再步行5分钟就来到了学校。
Get on the train: 上火车
g. Because this way⌒I can stop⌒at the cleaners⌒on the way⌒in. On the way home, if⌒I want to stop⌒at the grocery store, I have the⌒advantage⌒of getting⌒in⌒and⌒out of my car versus bus.
因为这样我就可以在上班的路上顺便在洗衣店停一下。在回家的路上,如果我想在杂货店停一下,可以任意地上下我的车,这比坐公共车方便多了。
On the way in: 在上班的路上
On the way home: 在回家的路上
Grocery store: 杂货店
Have the advantage of getting in and out of my car: 可以任意地上下我的车
Versus: 与……相比,比较
h. If⌒I knew that⌒I was going to be⌒out very late⌒at night, maybe⌒I would bring the car so that⌒I knew⌒I could get home safely.
如果我晚上会回来的比较晚,或许我会自己开车,这样我可以比较安全地返家。
Get home safely: 安全地返家
i. I drive⌒in every morning, and⌒I park way down⌒on Tianhe street. I have⌒a parking permit there that⌒I'm very lucky to get.
我每天早上开车,把车停在天河街。我在那儿有一个停车许可证,也是很幸运才拿到的。
Parking permit: 停车许可证
Parking lot: 停车场
j. Public transportation⌒isn’t⌒available⌒on the route that⌒I have to take to work, so I have to use my own car.
我上下班的那条路上没有公共交通工具,因此我不得不自己开车。
Public transportation: 公共交通工具
Available: adj. 可获得的
k. I took the subway from Boston, change lines and just⌒a short delightful little stroll in the beautiful morning.
我在波士顿上了地铁,换乘其它线,然后在美丽的早晨愉快的走一小段路。
Subway: n. 地铁
Change lines: 换乘其它线
Delightful: a. 愉快的
Stroll: n. 散步
How about you? How do you get to work every day? 你是怎么上下班的呢?