(单词翻译:单击)
Not being in a relationship can be just as fulfilling as being happily paired up -- if you know how to embrace the advantages.
做个单身汉也可以像快乐地成双成对一样满足——如果你知道怎样利用单身的优势的话 。
You Will Need
你需要
Self-sufficiency
自给自足
Gratitude
感激之情
Hobbies and interests
爱好和兴趣
Courage
勇气
Strong social network
强大的社会关系网
Step 1 Be self-sufficient
1.自给自足
Be self-sufficient both financially and emotionally. You don't need to depend on anyone else for your well-being and happiness.
无论是在经济上还是在情感上,做到自给自足 。你的幸福和快乐不需要依靠其他任何人 。
Step 2 Relish your freedom
2.珍惜自由
Make a list of all the advantages of being single, like complete freedom to come and go as you please, take career risks, and spend your money as you wish.
列举出单身的所有优势,例如来去完全自由,随心所欲,职业方面可以冒险,花钱也可以按照自己的意愿 。
Step 3 Do what you like
3.做喜欢的事情
Pursue interests you enjoy; don't only sign up for activities in the hopes of hooking up.
追求自己的兴趣所在;不要仅仅为了勾搭异性而报名参加活动 。
Step 4 Overcome your fears
4.克服恐惧
Embrace the pleasures and possibilities that come with doing things alone, like eating out on the spur of the moment and traveling spontaneously.
拥抱自由自在的快乐和单身一人的一切可能性,例如突然决定外出吃饭,或者率性而起去旅行 。
Eating at the bar is a good way to dip your feet into dining solo.
在酒吧独坐是独自一人享受晚餐的好方法 。
Step 5 Don't put things on hold
5.不要搁置
Don't put dreams on hold because you've always believed they should be done with a mate. You can achieve them on your own,too.
不要把自己的梦想搁置,认为这些应该和和另一半一起做 。你完全可以自己完成 。
Step 6 Work on your relationships
6.维护关系
Work on maintaining good relationships with family members, and develop friendships with people of all ages. Being alone doesn't have to mean being lonely if you have a strong social network.
致力于维护和家人以及各年龄段朋友的关系 。如果你有着强大的社交关系网,单身并不意味着孤独 。
Thirty-three percent of unmarried Americans polled said "the freedom to spend my time as I choose" is the best part of being single.
接受民意调查的33%的未婚美国人表示,“自由地支配时间”是单身生活最好的优势 。